Silence or Ignore when receiving phone calls
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found when getting phone calls from people who are in my contacts the phone does not give option to silence or ignore but if it's a restricted # or someone who is not a contact it pops up when phone is ringing. Is there a setting to make it show at all times because you might not want to answer but would like the option to quiet phone if your in a meeting or public place. Any answers for this one?

0 Likes
Re: Silence or Ignore when receiving phone calls
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

I just tried calling my fascinate from my sons and both options are there.

One guess would be your contacts are stored in your 'gmail' group. ( go into contacts and see if

there is a 'g' next to the contacts name. )

If the contacts are stored on the  phones contact book ( as designated by a red box with a little

person in it. ) you seem to get the ignore or silence option.

Try deleting one of your contacts, then recreate them in the phones contact book. Then have

that person call you.

You can export all your gmail contacts to your SD card , then import them back into the phones

contact book. You can then link them together. One downside is when you call a contact,you're

now presented with both phones numbers to choose from, even if both phone numbers are the same.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Do not delete your Google contacts unless you want them deleted from your Gmail / Google accounts.  Also, I have Google contacts who call, and I have all of the various answering options available to me.

Try this instead.

Dial *228 and press 1 when it gives you the options.

That's the number to program your phone.  What will happen is you'll hear some ads or music (I forget), it will go silent, and then it will tell you that your phone has been successfully activated.  Then it will reboot.

If that doesn't fix this problem, I would take it in to get your phone replaced.

Good luck!

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked and my contacts do not have the G instead the the red guy so I dont know whats the problem. Thanks

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that and nothing same thing. I thought option 1 was for new phone activation only?

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

No, it can be used for programming your existing phone, too.

But if you've already tried option1 and it didn't do anything, then doing that again probably won't help.  Option 2 is used when you have difficulty with service when you're roaming.

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's just so funny that once in a while it would show the option to silence but nothing now just sit and listen to ringtone if I dont want to answer. Yesterday is when I found that if I block a call  from wifes phone and call mine thats when the options to silence or ignore pops up. These crazy phones LOL

0 Likes
loraine0105

I believe with any of the phones if you just press the volume up/down button it will silence the call while allowing it to go into voicemail too - Hope this helps.

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

You might be right loraine will have to try if I cant figure it out but would be nice just to click ignore when you ned to silence real quick. Thank you for your help

0 Likes