Silicone case and my screen protector
MissyO

Hi,

I love my Gnex and have to have a purple case for it (my fav).  I bought the silicone case with the phone but it peels up my screen protector (zagg) in places.   Is there a way to install the case so this doesn't happen?  If not, then I will just take the case back for a refund.  Thanks for any help and suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: Silicone case and my screen protector
AntInPhilly

MissyO wrote:

Hi,

I love my Gnex and have to have a purple case for it (my fav).  I bought the silicone case with the phone but it peels up my screen protector (zagg) in places.   Is there a way to install the case so this doesn't happen?  If not, then I will just take the case back for a refund.  Thanks for any help and suggestions.

This is so funny.  My wife has the very same purple silicone case with a screen protector and the same issue (Bottom left corner of phone).  I don't think there is a solution all for if you can find a screen protector that fits the entire screen with no gaps, maybe that would be better since then the case can't rub up against the edge of the screen protector cause it does surpass the edge of the phone..

0 Likes
AntInPhilly

MissyO wrote:

Hi,

This is so funny.  My wife has the very same purple silicone case with a screen protector and the same issue (Bottom left corner of phone).  I don't think there is a solution all for if you can find a screen protector that fits the entire screen with no gaps, maybe that would be better since then the case can't rub up against the edge of the screen protector cause it does surpass the edge of the phone..

0 Likes
OCLADY1208
Enthusiast - Level 2

I only got the protective case and opted out of the screen protector.  Now I'm glad I did.  Unless you are very abusive to your phone, you don't really need the screen protector.  I find the touch is much easier without one.  Get your money back and have them take it off.

0 Likes
MissyO

I am generally careful with my electronics, but I feel better having the protector on.  I wonder if all cases will do this as long as I have the protector on. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Did you wait 24 to 48 hours after installing the screen protector before putting the phone in the case?

From what I have been told, this allows the screen protector to become fully sealed against the screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MissyO

Yep, I waited.  :smileysad: 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

@MissyO

If you put you GNx in you purse or have it in a good Case you should be fine I looked on CORNING's web site to see if it had Gorilla Glass it did'nt show that the GNx. did but you can call them an ask to see if it's got it installed or not.

Here's the Link to there Website:

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/products-with-gorilla/samsung

But what i use for my droids when i dont have them in there leather cases is a Oakly Glasses Bag there are two things it's good for 1. If your storing it in your purse with it being in the glass bag it will keep stuff off the phone. An the bag won't limit the sound's from your phone it'll stay the same. 2 The bag not only protects it's contents that are inside you can clean you phones screen with the bag as well just flip the bag inside out. Then you can clean the screen when finised reverse the bag.  Give em a try as they don't cost that much. you can get one for one Around $7.00 B33   

0 Likes
MissyO

Thanks for the tips!  I am going to take my silicone case back to the store since it is just hanging out on my desk and not my Gnex.  I will definitely look into the glasses bag... :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Good deal you should be able to get one wear Oakly glasses are sold or Online. B33 :smileyhappy:

0 Likes