Snap in half and cancel my contract?
CJI80

My girlfriend bought her Fascinate a year and a half ago, and loved it. So much so, I bought one a few months later. Within 6 months, mine started to take screen captures, freezing up, and force closing applications. It also seemed to loose reception totally randomly in the middle of places where I know it has full reception, or totally lock upto the point the battery had to be removed to restart. Sent it off, recieved new one. Good for a couple of months, then same problems all over again. Hers lasted about a year, then started to experience the same problems I had experienced. Sent them both in that time. In the last month, we have both sent our phones in, AGAIN, with the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS, only to recieve "new" refurbished phones. Now we are sitting on phones 4 and 5, between the two of us, that are already having the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS less than 3 weeks old for hers, and less than 1 week old for mine. Called Verizon, and was told all we can do is keep sending them in under warranty to get the EXACT <word filter avoidance>. WOW, thanks for the help Verizon. Just what we need piece of s**t numbers 6 and 7. Anybody have any clues what to do about this. As of now, all 3 of us on my plan are ready to cancel service and switch carriers. This is complete BS on Verizon's part to not offer some sort of solution to this problem. A problem well known, because it is all over the internet with everybody that has this phone! I have paid good money over the last how many years just to have to deal with the hastle of constantly sending my phone in, transfering contacts to loaner phone, waiting, getting new phone, transferring everything back, transferring pictures setting up email accounts, and everything else you need to do with a brand new phone... PRETTY SURE I JUST TALKED 3 OF US INTO CANCELLING SERVICE, unless somebody has a better solution. AND QUICK.

<Post edited to comply with the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Snap in half and cancel my contract?
feedupwithservice

Having the same problem. I don't know what phone I am on already. I was sent another refurb last week and already yesterday it is shutting itself off and over heating. Plus I try to get online since we are are paying so much for 3G and  and I fight to get online all the time. I am getting so fed up with the service of this company. They tell me I can have an early upgrade but that will renew the contract and why would I want to stay with a company when I don't get what I pay for.

0 Likes
Not applicable

CJI80 wrote:

My girlfriend bought her Fascinate a year and a half ago, and loved it. So much so, I bought one a few months later. Within 6 months, mine started to take screen captures, freezing up, and force closing applications. It also seemed to loose reception totally randomly in the middle of places where I know it has full reception, or totally lock upto the point the battery had to be removed to restart. Sent it off, recieved new one. Good for a couple of months, then same problems all over again. Hers lasted about a year, then started to experience the same problems I had experienced. Sent them both in that time. In the last month, we have both sent our phones in, AGAIN, with the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS, only to recieve "new" refurbished phones. Now we are sitting on phones 4 and 5, between the two of us, that are already having the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS less than 3 weeks old for hers, and less than 1 week old for mine. Called Verizon, and was told all we can do is keep sending them in under warranty to get the EXACT <word filter avoidance>. WOW, thanks for the help Verizon. Just what we need piece of s**t numbers 6 and 7. Anybody have any clues what to do about this. As of now, all 3 of us on my plan are ready to cancel service and switch carriers. This is complete ** on Verizon's part to not offer some sort of solution to this problem. A problem well known, because it is all over the internet with everybody that has this phone! I have paid good money over the last how many years just to have to deal with the hastle of constantly sending my phone in, transfering contacts to loaner phone, waiting, getting new phone, transferring everything back, transferring pictures setting up email accounts, and everything else you need to do with a brand new phone... PRETTY SURE I JUST TALKED 3 OF US INTO CANCELLING SERVICE, unless somebody has a better solution. AND QUICK.

A) If your GF got her phone 18 months ago she'll be eligible for an upgrade in 2 months.

B) The ETF for your GF will be $170, yours would be around $210 not sure about the third line. Sound very pricey to me

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

FYI all carriers will do the same. They did not manufacture the device and it's up to the manufacturer to fix the software.

0 Likes
jlk_250

My Fascinate has done this for about a year now.   As far as I can tell, the phone itself is not defective, it's the software on it so a replacement is going to do the same thing.   It also activates the "back" and "home" buttons repeatedly by itself when the wireless signal is low.  These issues are driving me insane and are also driving me away from Verizon, Samsung, and 2 year contracts in general.   My next phone will unlocked so I can use multiple carriers and I'll use a monthly plan so I'm not locked in.  Less than two weeks to go, and then good riddance to Verizon and this *** phone! 

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

in 20months with a fascinate no issues

it could be an app you have i nstalled

after that many phones i always suspect the user first