So Fascinate Users, I believe that Updates of Froyo and Gingerbread may have just been SQUASHED!!
Yaeckman
Enthusiast - Level 3

THIS IS ALL SPECULATION on my part and the research I have done... But... The way {please keep your posts courteous} has worked in the past I believe the following reports has made their decision on all of us Galaxy S1 Customers:

http://drippler.com/samsung-galaxy-s/gingerwhat-you-can-start-forgetting-about-those-galaxy-s-update...

(If the link does not work by just clicking on it, right click the link and open in a new tab or window)

If  you also have noticed that lately since Froyo was introduced to the Vibrant on 1/21, {please keep your posts courteous} has gone silent about any kind of updates when before that they were saying that they are in the testing mode and such.  (A reminder, word has it the only reason why Vibrant got Froyo was due to a class action suit that was filed.  I'm not saying that is the right way to go but hey, it worked)

I believe that this has all been a feeble attempt on {please keep your posts courteous} part to fool it's customers so that they could get their product out to over 10 million users, and now they are going to concentrate on the promotion of the Galaxy S2 which will probably have 2.2 or higher.  (I don't think they would be stupid enough to put eclair on it).  Also for {please keep your posts courteous} to be the first company to put out a phone with Gingerbread (Nexus S) I truly believe that they have the technology to upgrade our Fascinates, they just choose to look at us like red-headed stepchildren.

I will say this, it's really sad.  The Galaxy S Line is one of the best lines of phones ever made but they ROYALLY screwed up by not taking care of it's customers and I'm a firm believer in Karma and it will come back to bite them in the tail as word will be out on the street that {please keep your posts courteous} does not update their phones.

Finally Folks, I truly believe that this is NOT, I repeat NOT a Verizon issue.  I have seen so many posts about this being Verizon's fault.  Nope, this fault lies squarely on{please keep your posts courteous}, and for those who still feel it's Verizon's fault because they told you at the store they were gonna upgrade it in a couple months, then you have been fooled by the almighty Salesman.

I have to say, at least the DL09 Maintenance fix gave me my GPS back so I'm happy for now but I will NEVER EVER purchase another {please keep your posts courteous}Phone.  Because they have shown that they care more about money and so much less about it's customers.

So enjoy your Fascinate... with eclair... because you get what you get. (and so did I)

Thanks for your time :smileyhappy:

Dave Yaeck

Happy Verizon Customer / Aggravated {please keep your posts courteous} Owner

0 Likes
Re: So Fascinate Users, I believe that Updates of Froyo and Gingerbread may have just been SQUASHED!
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

wrong,

the leaked froy0, DL30, is already out there.  they have it on xda, its straight from vzw via leak

0 Likes
Re: So Fascinate Users, I believe that Updates of Froyo and Gingerbread may have just been SQUASHED!
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

downloading now. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
zerocool418

Yup so true a leak of the DL30 was just posted on androidcentral.com, so I am sure VZW will update ti Froyo soon. The way I see it they need to fix any buys or issues before even updating the firmware to Froyo 2.2. If the Froyo nevewr happens on the Fascinate I will complain becuase the VZW rep sold me on the Froyo 2.2 with flash.

I am actually thinken of getting the iPhone 4 threw verizon, at least I get to do more and apple is quick when it comes to updating its firmware, you don't have to wait so long for it, once its out, its out nation wide.

http://www.androidcentral.com/leaked-froyo-rom-fascinate-now-available-us-peasants-try

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Installed and booting.  Below is a list of changed someone posted over at xda and I'll post screenshots in a bit.

whats new:
* Auto rotation 'lock' in notification bar
* Mobile Data option in notification bar (removed 'silent' option?)
* camara is snappier
* no dedicated "samsung widgets" folder (they're in the regular widgets)
* old market, hasnt auto updated yet..??!!
* ability to change fonts
* swype 'double cap' issue appears fixed
* Samsung keyboard specific options?? (i think this is new)
* press "back and power" for screen shots (part of 2.2)
* vibration intensity slider in sound settings

Froyo....yummmm

Google search widget pre-installed.  Search soft key defaults to google.  Stock browser defaults to Bing for searches in the address bar.

Samsung ditched airplane mode and added Mobile Data and Auto Rotation toggles

SenseUI style preview by pinching your fingers together on the screen.  You can also drag and rearrange you home screens also.

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I might just put My fascinate on Ebay and sell the **bleep** thing if they aren't going to have Froyo 2.2 and I will never buy another FN Samsung product. Just bought new TV and was between Samsung and Panasonic well I thought of my phone and bought the Panasonic

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

PJNC284 how did you do that? I checked for updates and there were none.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It isn't available from Verizon yet. :smileywink:

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

roachman55 wrote:

PJNC284 how did you do that? I checked for updates and there were none.

read the thread

its a leaked rom

hes a flasher, lol

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

lol.  I suppose I am a flasher.  As for Froyo, there is a slight increase in responsiveness when moving between home screens and in the app drawer and the stock browser feels snappier (with flash set to on-demand).  Flash works as advertised.  Don't have the media or car docks so I can't test the audio out but some people are reporting that it works with the media dock but still doesn't seem to work with the car dock. 

update: scratch the Bing search option in the browser.  It actually lets you choose which one you want in the browser settings.

0 Likes