Re: So Fascinate Users, I believe that Updates of Froyo and Gingerbread may have just been SQUASHED!
LandLockedPH

No matter whose "fault" it is... Verizon is the one responsible to satisfy their customers.  And if Verizon salespeople have made promises to Fascinate buyers, Verizon needs to stand behind them.  An obvious "promise" is that if you buy a dock that only functions when 2.2 is installed...it will be available.  As my salesperson said, 'sometime early October'.  

Bottom line... Verizon needs to fix this for THEIR customers.

0 Likes
Re: So Fascinate Users, I believe that Updates of Froyo and Gingerbread may have just been SQUASHED!
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

I agree 100% LandlockedPH it is Verizon who is responsible and not Samsung. Samsung might have issues but Verizon should take good care of it's customers.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

so, basically, yet another rumor. a rumor people come on here and instantly believe. Americans never change.

and it sounds like they basically changed nothing truly significant in froyo, besides the overrated flash.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, it's more of just little changes and is probably what the Fascinate should've been ~5months ago.  The darkened UI is a nice touch.  So far my observations are:

- GPS works flawlessly

- no more bing default in browser or search soft key *

- flash

- apps2sd

- adjust system font

- homescreen preview

- vibration intensity toggle

- new text selection in browser (long press for a magnifier, drag to select.) video

- noticeable increase in responsiveness

- app drawer still shows apps in the order they were installed.  Not sure why they didn't do alphabetical.

- contacts can be displayed based on first or last name.

- long pressing on the notification bar and dragging to the left/right decreases/increases brightness

* looks like this version may not be fully bloated.  Bing nor VZ Navigator are installed which causes the Car Cradle shortcuts not to work.  

0 Likes
itzbob701

M91-30 so, basically, yet another rumor. a rumor people come on here and instantly believe. Americans never change.

I have been lurking in this forum for a while now and see these types of replies from the same person again and again. Many of us were hinted to or outright told that Froyo would be coming to the Fascinate by Verizon reps. Many of us experienced the gps issues, mail issues and lock ups to have VZW and Samsung hint that fixes were coming. Cynical people might think that would be to keep subscribers from taking their phones back within the 30 day trial period. It is indeed good for you that you seem to either not had issues with your phone or have another motive for ripping into those who do. I pay good money ON TIME every month for a device and service and expect to get what I pay for including a fully functional phone.

Others in this thread pointed out the leaked update to the original poster. Instead of a reply along the lines of Americans feel entitled (we pay our bills on time), nobody promised anything (wrong) , maybe something constructive to steer the original poster in the right direction is in order.

My $0.02 (US)

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

you completely missed what I was talking about.

0 Likes
blackinaction

PJNC284 wrote:

- app drawer still shows apps in the order they were installed.  Not sure why they didn't do alphabetical.

to be fair, that's not a froyo thing. it's dependent on your launcher.

I think either the speediness of froyo is being severely underplayed here or my eclair install was jacked. I've noticed insanely better performance from screen switching, app loading, page rendering, and benchmark apps that put 2.2 well and above a footnote faster than 2.1

other than continuing GPS lock problems (maybe hardware?), I'm totally drinking the froyo kool-aid and loving it

while I'm here- M91-30, you could use an update. wimax, lte and the like have begrudgingly been accepted as "4G" for awhile now. http://www.itu.int/net/pressoffice/press_releases/2010/48.aspx

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

blackinaction wrote:

PJNC284 wrote:

to be fair, that's not a froyo thing. it's dependent on your launcher.

I think either the speediness of froyo is being severely underplayed here or my eclair install was jacked. I've noticed insanely better performance from screen switching, app loading, page rendering, and benchmark apps that put 2.2 well and above a footnote faster than 2.1

other than continuing GPS lock problems (maybe hardware?), I'm totally drinking the froyo kool-aid and loving it

while I'm here- M91-30, you could use an update. wimax, lte and the like have begrudgingly been accepted as "4G" for awhile now. http://www.itu.int/net/pressoffice/press_releases/2010/48.aspx

I wasn't blaming it on Froyo.  It was more of a not sure why they didn't adjust the touchwiz launcher in froyo instead of leaving it the same. They did add the nifty pinch zoom effect to the launcher though as shown below

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

blackinaction wrote:

I've read numerous comments on other forums by users who have installed the leaked ROM and almost all have commented on the improved speed of their phones with Froyo.

I haven't really seen many comments about battery life -either better or worse- with the update. DL09 hosed my battery life, taking it from around 4 days between charges to about 2 days. I have read that Froyo has been optimized for improving battery life so I'm hoping it will help.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It isn't a huge jump in performance but things definitely seems smoother in general.  Battery life the past day and a half that I've been running it have been less than stellar but I've played around with it more so we'll see how it does today. Currently on 90% after 3 hrs of very minimal usage (5-10 emails) which is about on par with pre-froyo for me with everything syncing in the background.

0 Likes