Re: So furious with verizon.....
21stNow
Master - Level 1

rall_g4 wrote:

Do cable companies sell TV's?

Not to my knowledge (I don't know, I don't deal with cable service providers).  However, part of my point is that carriers really shouldn't sell phones either, as that muddies the expectations of the customer to think that the carrier is going to service the phone.  Since the carrier (correctly, in my opinion) doesn't service the phone, this makes customers upset.

The other part of my point is that customers do have to look to the correct party to service their problems.  If there is a reception or billing issue, contact Verizon Wireless.  If there is a hardware issue, contact the hardware manufacturer.  You are only frustrating yourself if you want Verizon Wireless employees to fix, repair or replace a device to your liking.  Their primary goal is to sell you service on their network.  Anything else is hit or miss.

0 Likes
dimski
Enthusiast - Level 3

<Comment deleted per the TOS.> then why is verizon selling device that dont work? If their selling me their service then why isnt the "service" working for my phone? -___- verizon should be the one to contact samsung saying why are u giving us defective phones to sell or give out.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
dimski
Enthusiast - Level 3

i cant do a factory reset because i cant even get into my settings.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You can if you do the "alternate" mode.

Pull the battery out of the phone and then put it back in will basically have the same result as the 1st 3 steps in the alternate method. Then continue on from there. Hopefully it will work for you.

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

No reason to resort to name calling because he has a different opinion from you or me.

21stNow
Master - Level 1

dimski wrote:

<Comment deleted per the TOS.> then why is verizon selling device that dont work? If their selling me their service then why isnt the "service" working for my phone? -___- verizon should be the one to contact samsung saying why are u giving us defective phones to sell or give out.

No, I'm not stupid.  I was just trying to give you some perspective on why it is better to deal with the device manufacturer rather than the service provider.  But please, keep getting frustrated by going to the service provider and making demands that they are not going to meet.  Maybe your 10th device will work well for you.

Oh, there is a way to do a hardware factory data reset on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  But, I'm sure that you wouldn't want a person that you consider stupid to help you out with this.

cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

OK, quit spewing all over every one.

1. If you have info, messages, pics, videos on there you want to keep, connect to your computer....perhaps as long as the phone is on, you can access your files through USB....see if that's possible.

2.  The other day, I was trying to get into the safe mode, I was doing it wrong and kept getting into the start/fast bootloader/ recovery.  Use the volume to change from start to recovery, the press the on/off button to select it....after that follow directions.  I don't see any point in the start option as you'll probably hang up again....not sure what the bootloader could do for you.  You HAVE TO PRESS the on/off button and volume button in the middle so you aren't choosing volume up or down....press them simultaneously, I had to use 2 hands to get the position on the volume button correct.

3. Discover if you can retrieve your info via computer/usb and that you can get into the start/bootloader/recovery mode.  Don't select anything just pop the battery, unless you want to enter the recovery mode.  If I were you I'd wait till Tidbits or someone knows for sure whether recovery or if there's a good option to use in bootloader mode.  If you don't want to wait, play Captain James Kirk and choose recovery and see where you end up.....I don't think it could get any worse than it is, can it?

0 Likes
cisco123
Enthusiast - Level 2

VERIZON SUCKS......THIS IS A COMPANY THAT PUTS THEMSELF FIRST NOT THE CUSTOMER. I AM STUCK TWO YEARS BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING THIS GREAT DEAL...NOW I HAVE MY I PHONE 4 AND A PANTECH MARAUDER THE PANTECH WAS GARBAGE

I CANT WAIT TILL THIS TWO YEAR CONTRACT I LET MYSELF GET CONNED INTO SO I CAN GET WITH ANOTHER COMPANY THAT MIGHT JUST KNOW WHAT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS.....I HATE VERIZON AND WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY ON ANY WEB SIGHT I GO TO, TO AT LEAST WARN PEOPLE WHAT THEY SEE IS NOT WHAT THEY GET

dimski
Enthusiast - Level 3

for your information <Deleted> i already did that nexus factory reset where you hold the power button and volume buttons. <Comment deleted.>

<Post edited for profanity per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

0 Likes
dimski
Enthusiast - Level 3

tell me about it. im leaving verizon after my contract is over also

0 Likes