Please excuse if you have already have this figured out...
1. Login to Facebook on your personal computer.
2. Click on "Account", then on Account Settings.
3. Click on Notifications.
4. Click "Send Notifications to phone via SMS"
5. A pop-up screen will appear to activate FB texts. Choose Country, and then Carrier.
6. Text "F" to 32665 (fbook) (via your cell phone). You will receive a confirmation code.
7. Enter confirmation code.
8. In Facebook, under the "My Account" page, you will be able to make many selections both on the Notifications page and the Mobile Page on how you choose to receive your notifications. To quote FB: "
You have activated Facebook Mobile. You can now receive friend requests, messages, wall posts, and status updates on your phone, or upload photos and videos on the go.*" *=
Ummm .. fb notifications have been available via sms or email before a fb app was ever created. It is truly a PITA to have to delete every sms or email from every notification from fb. If you have Android download Flow .. it is a replacement app for fb and uses push notification.