Re: Some Tech Reps ARE there to help...
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

jimde wrote:

It is becoming apparent that neither Samsung nor Verizonwireless give a rat's behind about the problems we are experiencing with their fascinate hardware/software nonphone.   As long as we continue to pay our bill they have what they want.  They know that they hold the high hand - if we don't pay our bill because of lousy service, they canjust turn off everything in our account.

So we will continue to get lip service from them.  I'm not sure any other carrier is any better, or maybe a little more customer satisfaction oriented, but I think that I will find out when this contract expires.  I am sorry to say that - I have been a Verizonwireless client since the very early 90's - but it's obvious that we don't matter.

This community thread started on 6/11.  We have been assured that they are aware of the problem and that the problem has been referred to samsung.Having been in the hardware/software business for 20+ years I know that a fix shouldn't take a month to fix - if the concerned parties really care about fixing it.

One of the mods stated on here that a fix was delivered from Samsung on 6/30 for testing.  Maybe that mod can give an update?

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

jimde wrote:

A replacement product may be a great way to go, who reimburses us for the accessories we have purchased for the fascinate?

I doubt that will ever happen.  I thought about that also before I requested something else. I have cases, extra battery/charger, car charger, etc.

I decided instead of having to buy new accessories to try other options (can't mention on this site) with the phone and see if it helps.  Well it does.  Phone still not perfect but alot better than stock.

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has the fix most likely and is either testing, or repacking it to add some more bloatware to the phone before they deliver the update.  Hoping it's not the bloatware stuff....  :smileyindifferent:

In reality, I hope this fixes the problem, and I also hope something to improve the battery life is part of the update as well.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

JasonSCarter wrote:

Verizon has the fix most likely and is either testing, or repacking it to add some more bloatware to the phone before they deliver the update.  Hoping it's not the bloatware stuff....  :smileyindifferent:

In reality, I hope this fixes the problem, and I also hope something to improve the battery life is part of the update as well.

You will be lucky if they fix one issue, wishful thinking they will fix 2 or more issues...
0 Likes
ibm360
Enthusiast - Level 3
Well I started to miss calls and called VZW right away. Whole transaction lasted 15 minutes and a X2 has been shipped to me.
Now all I need to do is sell my accessories.
Any takers?
0 Likes
anyoung1984

So for anyone interested I posted a new topic that goes into much more detail, but the long and short of it is apparently there has been a newly integrated policy that allows Fascinate users to get a different model and Samsung is behind it. My new post says it all but just thought I would update everyone on this post :smileyhappy: Of course take it with a grain of salt as we know how info/communication Verizon varies at customer service.

0 Likes
Not applicable

anyoung1984

I am glad to hear you had a good experience with tech support in getting your phone replaced. I understand how frustrating this issue with the Fascinate has been, and don't want anyone to feel like we are unaware of the issue or not doing anything about it. We are still working on the update. At this time I don't have any further information on the details of the software update, just that we are still testing the resolution. I cannot resolve everyone's issues individually and would recommend anyone having these issues, especially issues with missed calls, to contact tech support at 800-922-0204 option 3 for further options. 

0 Likes
jimde

I have had a similar experience with a Technical Support Coordinator at Verizonwireless.  I had gone to the Verizon store and was told that, yes, I could trade in my Fascinate for any one of 3 different phones.  I opted for the Samsung Charge.  I was then told that it was out of stock at their warehouse and that I should contact tech support because they had access to all warehouses.  I called tech support and after listening very patiently to my litany of woes with the Fascinate the Coordinator attempted to order a Charge for me.  She found that the swap could only be done at the local level.  She then offered the contact the local Verizon outlet to find an agent who would order the phone for me.  She would call me back when she had arranged to have the order placed.  20 minutes later I received a call from her verifying that the phone was going to be ordered and to expect a call from the local agent to verify that the phone was on it's way.  Received the phone yesterday.TALK ABOUT ABOVE AND BEYOND

There is one caveat to this story.  The phone shipped without a SIM card.  When I contacted Tech Support regarding this oversight I was told that I only needed the SIM if I were going to travel outside the US.  Finally wound up at the local store to have SIM installed.  New phone up and running and I love it.

A suggestion to anyone going this route: I used my digital camera to take pictures of my home pages and then, by going to Market, tapping menu and then My Apps Iwas able to get a list of all the apps I had acquired.  I took page by page pictures of the list to make easier to rebuild my new phone.

0 Likes
maryl
Contributor - Level 1

jimde wrote:

I have had a similar experience with a Technical Support Coordinator at Verizonwireless.  I had gone to the Verizon store and was told that, yes, I could trade in my Fascinate for any one of 3 different phones.  I opted for the Samsung Charge.  I was then told that it was out of stock at their warehouse and that I should contact tech support because they had access to all warehouses.  I called tech support and after listening very patiently to my litany of woes with the Fascinate the Coordinator attempted to order a Charge for me.  She found that the swap could only be done at the local level.  She then offered the contact the local Verizon outlet to find an agent who would order the phone for me.  She would call me back when she had arranged to have the order placed.  20 minutes later I received a call from her verifying that the phone was going to be ordered and to expect a call from the local agent to verify that the phone was on it's way.  Received the phone yesterday.TALK ABOUT ABOVE AND BEYOND

There is one caveat to this story.  The phone shipped without a SIM card.  When I contacted Tech Support regarding this oversight I was told that I only needed the SIM if I were going to travel outside the US.  Finally wound up at the local store to have SIM installed.  New phone up and running and I love it.

A suggestion to anyone going this route: I used my digital camera to take pictures of my home pages and then, by going to Market, tapping menu and then My Apps Iwas able to get a list of all the apps I had acquired.  I took page by page pictures of the list to make easier to rebuild my new phon

It is refreshing to hear about the excellent customer service you received. Be sure to let VZW corporate know about about your positive experience. No, I do not work for nor have I ever worked for VZW, but when I receive excellent CS from someone who went above and beyond, I always let their superiors know about it. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
jimde

I did, in fact, obtain the eaddress of the CS Tech's supervisor.  I sent him a note commending not only his subordinate, but also himself for fostering an atmosphere that allows for the type of attention I received. 

0 Likes