Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sounds
krycolon8

How do you turn OFF the notification sounds WITHOUT turning off the ringtones?

0 Likes
Re: Sounds
sb4663

Looks like you may have to control that by the individual apps... Ringers & Notification is combined in the Settings> Sounds > option.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

It does appear that the two volumes are tied together so thst individual app control might be you only option. I was also used to separate volume levels. I'm trying to adjust to it yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tawww

I am able to silence my notification sounds by going into settings.sound.default notification.scroll to top & choose silent. My phone ringtone is above the default notification & also has a silent choice, looks ssparate to me.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The tones are separate however the volume levels are not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tawww

oh I understand... you are right so did you find a good app to control the volume?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I use this application, but I still have the tie in the volume levels which I am not entirely used to yet.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.roozen.SoundManagerv2

0 Likes