Speech to text issues after update.
Adubya8482

Since my phone updated a few days ago, my speech to text stopped working. When I hit the voice button this microphone symbol comes up, I speak,
the microphone icon flashes as I speak, but there is no text. I used this option all the time. I just booted my phone with no luck and i have changed the
voice settings from slow to very fast  to slow and all in between with no change. Anyone else having this problem and any ideas????

0 Likes
Re: Speech to text issues after update.
Adubya8482

Update-

This is not a speech to text issue but a speech issue. When making a call the other person can not hear me unless on speaker. This did not begin until the update. Any thoughts????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, Adubya8482!

I use my speak to text feature, too, so I know that it comes in handy! I researched and found no related concerns, so lets take a look at the software itself. I suggest enabling safe mode (steps: http://bit.ly/OHgHtf) to see if it performs better for you. If it does, the issue is rooted in an application on the device. This can happen after a OS update, causing some applications to become incompatible until the app develop updates it. If this is successful, you will want to remove applications from the device, starting with the most recently downloaded or recently updated. If not successful, I do recommend performing a hard reset (http://bit.ly/QBCxOB) to resolve the speak to text issue. Please ensure you backup your personal info and media files before performing the reset. Keep me posted!

Thanks
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
roguex515

My speech to text won't work at all since the last update. I click the microphone and nothing happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

roguex515,

Speech to text sure does come in handy from now and then. So, we'll get you up and running in a jiffy. First, I need to find out a little more about the situation. Are you also using the Galaxy Nexus? Have you tried turning off the phone, back on, and then testing? Please share a little bit more about what's going on and trust me, we've got you covered.

Evan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes