Stay awake option while charging in the developer options section in settings
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Since 4.4 update, my phone will not stay awake while connected to power as before, the screen blacks out in 10min which is the setting I have the display on.

BTW, what has happened to the forum format?  I don't like the changes, I like seeing the postings as before as w/ a regular forum, Cyn

0 Likes
Re: Stay awake option while charging in the developer options section in settings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cynindesign:

Thanks for posting! After the 4.4 update, this feature was likely eliminated to prevent the device from "burning in" images to the screen. You may be able to locate an application in the Play Store for this capability. This has been the case on a few other devices to prevent negative effects of leaving the phone on while charging. 

I hope that answers your question. Let me know if you have any others.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Stay awake option while charging in the developer options section in settings
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Is that a problem w/ my phone?

Also I'm on technical support trying to find out how to contact the forum administrator.  I do not want my full name displayed when posting and I can't find a way to change that, thanks, Cyn

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cyn, did you ever sign out of the community and see if you can still view your full name?

I see your username as "cynindesign".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Hmmm, this is what I see

<Photo link deleted for privacy per the .>

So what about the Nexus, would leaving the screen on damage the display? thanks, Cyn

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just as a FYI, I see my "full name" when I'm signed in. I don't see it when I am signed out. I just see my username. I also changed my full name to be slightly not my full name for some additional privacy.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes