Still no 2.2 update
AlternateHalo

So It's been about a month and a half since 2.2 was released and I still don't have it. I've tried going under Settings->About phone->System updates, but it always says that teh server is unavailable. I've also tried doing a factory reset, but this hasn't worked either. I went to a Verizon store, but those two things were the only things that the rep there said to do. Is there any other way to get the 2.2 update? I've heard that they were pushing the update to certain areas or by time that you got your phone, but everyone in my area got the update a month ago and we all got it on the same day. A month and a half seems like more than enough time to wait to get 2.2.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Still no 2.2 update
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Community members for all the feedback and suggestions!

AlternateHalo, I actually have the same model device and it took a couple of days before I received the push from the manufacturer for the Froyo 2.2 software update.  The push just started on June 9th, and sometimes it may take days to a couple of weeks before the update gets pushed to your device.

Let us know if the software update was successful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

You need to activate another phone on your line just any old phone so the fascinate is deactivated

wait 10 min or so and than reactivate the fascinate

Than try the Settings->About phone->System updates

If this does not work the phone will need to be replaced

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

Another option is to call Verizon and have a tech go into your account, deactivate and then reactivate your phone.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

i dont have it by choice, 2.1 runs too smooth to mess with atm

someday i will put a new os on there

0 Likes
TimSnyder
I will also give the standard response since you dont specify. Do you have WiFi on or mobile data on? System updates will NOT show if you are WiFi. You MUST be on mobile data to update.

I have also read on various fourms that there are some handsets that simply will not take the update OTA and those phones must be replaced.

The only other option depends on how comfortable you are with technology. You can do an internet search to find topics about manually loading software to your phone. I'm not endorsing this by any means but there are ways..
0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Community members for all the feedback and suggestions!

AlternateHalo, I actually have the same model device and it took a couple of days before I received the push from the manufacturer for the Froyo 2.2 software update.  The push just started on June 9th, and sometimes it may take days to a couple of weeks before the update gets pushed to your device.

Let us know if the software update was successful.

0 Likes