Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Then what about this post and there are a few others.  Was this before they knew what version would be coming out?

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/771826#771826

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

cynindesign wrote:

Then what about this post and there are a few others.  Was this before they knew what version would be coming out?

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/771826#771826

Correct this is when the Nexus S got 4.0.3 update, then shortly there after the GSM version got that one.  A few weeks later all devices were updated to 4.0.4 starting with the release of the Sprint Galaxy Nexus with 4.0.4 I believe.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

AHHHH, never mind I missed "USED" , Goola you'll have to do it yourself......as old and senile as I am, <Comment deleted per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>....just in case that was messing up my update..so I'm sure you can do it :O).....plus, I just might update to the Galaxy Note 2, quad core and Jelly Bean installed........

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Goola

Hi all, thanks to everyone who chimed in to help with my issue. Now I can confirm that the issue is fully resolved.

The responses I got on this forum helped me realize my phone was on a different version of Android (4.0.3) which was not supposed to be on Galaxy Nexus. I was able to restore the phone to 4.0.4 (IMM76K) through --lets say in order to be compliant with Verizon's terms of service-- "magic" (Nexus <ahem> Kit). When I was on official 4.0.4 I was able to receive the update through the Google Services Framework trick. Now I am enjoying Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (JRO03O).

Thanks again to everyone, especially cynindesign and tidbits.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Smiley Happy glad everything is working like it should.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Ahhhhh, magic....good choice of words, but I meant to encourage you to do what's needed.....man did I get my hands slapped. :O), Tidbits is the genius....me, I just know enough to be dangerous.  Glad you got it fixed, enjoy.

0 Likes