Store made me buy another for to replace note 7. Feel like ik being ripped off!
DAVDAV8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to exchange my note 7 online like Verizon preferres. I followed their instructions and online wanted me to pay full price for another phone.  Went to the store and the employee said that dosent seem right so I signed into my Verizon at the Verizon store so he could try to do it for me. It didn't work. So long story short

.... I had to upgrade like normal and pay for an s7 edge. So now I have paid for 2 phones but only have one. I was told I would get an email on how to get my money back. 2 days later I still don't have an email for this. Will I ever get my money or was I ripped off?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Store made me buy another for to replace note 7. Feel like ik being ripped off!
allisonc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Our goal is to make this trade in process as easy as possible for you, jethro57.  This is the first major recall of a smart phone and processes are being ironed out. We have put together a frequently asked questions page in order to help everyone during this transition. http://vz.to/2eoiuK7

If you take a look at question 2, you will see the exchange process. Handing your device into the store is a first step. We then mail the device back with the specialty box to the warehouse. That is where the credits are applied. I hope this explains the money disparity that you were concerned about. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

AllisonC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Store made me buy another for to replace note 7. Feel like ik being ripped off!
nicoleb_vzw
Verizon Employee

I can certainly understand that this hasn't been easy for you DAVDAV8. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding while we work through all this with Samsung. We are glad to see that you were able to get the new phone at the store. Our systems are going to be crediting back all costs for the Note7 as quickly as possible.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jethro57
Enthusiast - Level 2

NicoleB...is that going to be the 4 - 6 weeks it is taking to get a refund from the first exchange?  I would expect that if I go to a Verizon store and exchange my Note 7 for a different phone, paying the difference for a more expensive phone or receiving a refund for a lower priced phone, I would not have to "buy" the new phone, then wait 4 - 6 weeks for Verizon to credit back the full value of what I paid for the SECOND Note 7.  The program even says this is an EXCHANGE.  I'm sorry, but I am not willing to give Verizon $1,200 for 4 - 6 weeks for the two Note 7 phones ($600 for two phones twice).  I can't afford that kind of expense. If I hand over my Note 7 at a Verizon store, Verizon now has the phone and should be able to immediately credit back the cost.  I can understand the delay if I have to mail the phone back, but to do an in-person exchange at a Verizon store, Verizon should be able to do an immediate refund.

allisonc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Our goal is to make this trade in process as easy as possible for you, jethro57.  This is the first major recall of a smart phone and processes are being ironed out. We have put together a frequently asked questions page in order to help everyone during this transition. http://vz.to/2eoiuK7

If you take a look at question 2, you will see the exchange process. Handing your device into the store is a first step. We then mail the device back with the specialty box to the warehouse. That is where the credits are applied. I hope this explains the money disparity that you were concerned about. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

AllisonC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

All stores are NOT accepting note7! It's very aggravating that you continue to tell us to go to the store and they send us home. I am in salt lake city.

Mos948
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried ordering the note 5 and I still have to pay taxes really I already payed enough for the note 7 i am downgrading I shouldn't have to pay a dime always trying get more money from us

PATDOR46
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to find a way to have Verizon investigated for this. It seems like consumer fraud.

They sold us a defective phone for a premium price, then want us us to foot the bill for another premium phone.  They can use our cash for 6-8 weeks,  interest - free.

This absolutely screams class action suit.

Is there an attorney out there who would like to fake this on?

tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

ROYEVE47, it is important to us that all of our customers are aware of the return process. I am sorry if you have had any troubles with the store with returning the phones. If you purchased your Note7 from a retailer such as Best Buy or Wal-Mart, or an Authorized Verizon Wireless Retailer, please return to your original point of purchase to upgrade your Note7 to another device. Where did you originally purchase your Note 7 from?

0 Likes
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

At a corporate store in Salt Lake city area.

0 Likes
DCGUCCI1
Enthusiast - Level 3

the store I went to acted like they didn't even want to touch my phone, they tried handing me a piece of paper with all the FAQ on it... said they wont take the note 7 in the store. I will have to handle it all online. still haven't decided what to do yet....don't like my options