Straight answers on POP3 email problems?
Phase3Linda

Has Samsung or Verizon acknowledged a problem with email reliability users experience with POP3 account access with the Fascinate?

Reviews of messages on this board parallel my experience:

- Messages show up in POP3 accounts and are visible on PC, but never show up on the Fascinate

- E-mail app hangs endlessly while retrieving messages

- Polling rate setting works once or twice (or sometimes all day), then stops functioning

If they've acknowledged the problem, perhaps there is hope that a fix is in the works.  If not, it appears users have a choice of shifting either to a different phone or changing email providers - in my case it will be changing to a different phone.  I should have done that at the first sign of email problems...:smileysad:

0 Likes
Re: Straight answers on POP3 email problems?
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

I am having this problem with my gmail as well.  Not just my pop3 email account.  When I power my phone off and back on again I will receive emails for about an hour then it stops.  Sync appears to be hung all the time when I got into settings.  Since you cannot remove your gmail account and readd, I have reset my phone to factory defaults and re-configured, and still same problem.  When I called VZW tech support, they said it was my phone and are sending me a new one.  I dont think it's the phone at all.

0 Likes
Mart

Got a Droid X last week. Problem solved. Much better phone. ( read PHONE not toy)

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

We are always striving to improve the operation of our devices.  In a constant effort to make sure phones are working properly we test the devices and the services rigorously.  Updates are developed to enhance features  and correct any issues devices may have. We are investigating email issues with some devices to ensure the best customer experience.  There is not a set schedule for updates, but we hope to bring them to you as soon as possible.  Thank you for your patience.

0 Likes
KeineLust

Same problem here with Gmail.

0 Likes
Phase3Linda

Thanks for responding in this thread, Noah.  We appreciate the support of the Wireless team on the Support Forums!

I don't have an axe to grind with Verizon.  I am a long-term customer and plan to continue with Verizon in the future.  That being said, the silence on this issue is a bit frustrating, particularly when store or on-line support staff point to users to hardware or settings as the root cause - this just wastes everyone's time and money.

It is my hope that Samsung/Verizon acknowledge the problem and let us know they're working on a resolution.

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Just to let you know, the second fascinate device that Verizon sent me is doing the same.  I knew it wasn't phone.  This is just rediculous, I pay $120 a month for just this one line of service, and it doesn't even do what it's supposed to.  I think I am going to sell it on ebay or craigslist and get a different phone.  I am past my 30 days to return it to the store.

0 Likes
loneMADman

I am having the exact same problem.  When I power off, I get mail for about an hour and then nothing.

I do NOT have the same problem with GMAIL or Yahoo Mail, just POP3 from my web hosting provider - basically the business e-mail that pays the bills...

0 Likes
loneMADman

Folks, avoid the frustration and simply install K9 Mail app.  It's free and works great.  It's also much better than the default Verizon / SS mail app.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try verifying your email settings again.  Some settings require specific regional information.   Also if you are using a task manager make sure the application is not stopping the default email application.  We will continue  looking into issues with the device, thanks for your feedback.  

0 Likes