Stuck Pixel, eBay, warranty replacement?
jimmyco2010

Hey all,

I bought a new Galaxy Nexus from eBay a couple of days ago, and it arrived, in fact, brand new. Everything's chipper, but I found a "hot pixel", also known as a stuck pixel and very similar to a dead pixel (in that you keep looking at it and it ruins the experience more or less) or a small cluster of such on the display. It shows up on pretty much all light backgrounds, most prominently white.

I figure the seller on eBay got it from Verizon, so can Verizon send me out a replacement Galaxy Nexus? I already tried Samsung and Google support, this is all I have left!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Stuck Pixel, eBay, warranty replacement?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I doubt Verizon would replace the device since you didn't buy it from them.  Why not return it to the seller via ebay's Buyer Protection program?  Maybe that stuck pixel is the reason they sold it in the first place? Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope, the warranty is likely void as you purchased from a third party seller. I doubt you would even have the manufacturer's warranty.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

If he bought it new, his warranty should be w/ Samsung, shouldn't they? and Verizon give technical/customer support if he's using their service?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The warranties are generally tied to the original owner only.

0 Likes
jimmyco2010

Thanks for the replies, guys. I think my first eBay phone will be my last, I don't think it's completely fair to dump this problem on the seller, it's Samsung's fault, not theirs, yet they have to pay for it as they cannot sell it new now, if at all. But I suppose that's the risk you take for selling things like that.

I'll be returning it and considering an HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus as opposed to taking another chance on eBay, who knows how long I can keep Unlimited Data anyways.

0 Likes