Stuck in Landscape Mode
shteeve
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since last night, my phone is launching in landscape mode and will not rotate to vertical mode no matter what I do.  It seems as if the Desk Cradle - which I never use - has taken over my phone, and even when I shut it down, the screen stays stuck in landscape mode.  Really don't want to do a hard reset, especially if it won't resolve the problem, so would love some guidance here on possible causes and solutions.  Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
Re: Stuck in Landscape Mode
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

shteeve wrote:

Since last night, my phone is launching in landscape mode and will not rotate to vertical mode no matter what I do.  It seems as if the Desk Cradle - which I never use - has taken over my phone, and even when I shut it down, the screen stays stuck in landscape mode.  Really don't want to do a hard reset, especially if it won't resolve the problem, so would love some guidance here on possible causes and solutions.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Reset might be the only way at this time..
0 Likes
shteeve
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just tried a hard reset and have the same problem.  What is going on????

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

shteeve wrote:

Just tried a hard reset and have the same problem.  What is going on????

A factory reset should have fixed that issue. Time to exchange the phone for a new one...
0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi shteeve,

Its unfortunate you are still having trouble with your device. I have a few questions to ask.  Have you completed the recent software upgrade? Is the phone always in landscape mode or only when using a particular application/ feature? In the meantime, I would suggest Clearing the Cache: Application>Browser>Menu>More>Settings>Clear Cache>Ok. I hope this information is helpful and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your contributions to our community forums,

0 Likes
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

shteeve wrote:

Don't be offended, and I know this sounds like a stupid question, but did you by chance turn off the auto rotation button? I couldn't get my phone out of landscape mode, then I finally thought to check the auto rotation button and it was off.

0 Likes
akienm

I had this problem too. Completely unable to make it work right... Finally I got really frustrated, did something to my phone in anger, and then it worked. The solution?

While the device was on, I opened the back, and removed the battery. This forced a slightly harder reset, and resolved the problem.

0 Likes
DroidFascinate

My phone switched to landscape and desk cradle last night. It was fine this morning and while the screen was blank, it came on by itself and went to desk cradle. I closed the app, but it stayed in landscape and hasn't gone out of cradle mode. Tried removing the battery for 30 seconds - no luck.

Last code is 2.2.2 loaded in August.

Any suggestions (oh, I guess I should mention this is my 3rd Fascinate. Others all broke too, but with different problems).

0 Likes
MrWa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same thing going on.  Woke up, turned on phone and landscape hell... anyone figure this out?  Never had this happen before.

0 Likes