Stuck in the Desk Cradle mode
HOPPY79

My samsung fascinate seems to be stuck in the Desk Cradle app. Or
more precisely, when I hit the Home soft key, it takes me to the Desk Cradle,
rather than the page with all my widgets like it used to do. If I hit the soft
key that take you back a step, it does take me back to my true home page. The
display is also stuck in the rotated position.

I've tried pulling the battery, no help. The phone will not even turn on unless
it is plugged in.

Anybody know how to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Stuck in the Desk Cradle mode
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

If I understand correctly, your handset will not power up unless connected to the charger. If that's the case, then there may not be a resolution for what you're experiencing. Your handset may need to be replaced. If you're still experiencing this problem, please contact me with a personal message. Thanks!

0 Likes
shteeve
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this very same problem, which started out of nowhere last night.  The Desk Cradle shows up as my home screen every time I start my phone, and even when I am able to kill that application, my phone is locked in horizontal mode.  PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

shteeve wrote:

I have this very same problem, which started out of nowhere last night.  The Desk Cradle shows up as my home screen every time I start my phone, and even when I am able to kill that application, my phone is locked in horizontal mode.  PLEASE HELP!

Remove the battery for 10 minutes. Hold down the vol up button for 30 seconds, then replace the battery. See if that helps.
0 Likes
shteeve
Enthusiast - Level 1

No luck. Smiley Sad  When I turn the phone on, it blows right through the puzzle lock screen and launches the Desk Cradle home screen.  And any time I kill the app, I get my normal homescreen in landscape mode, but if I push the "Home" icon, it launches the Desk Cradle.  **bleep**?  Would seem like some kind of bug with the Desk Cradle app, but then I would expect this to be a widespread problem.  

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Shteeve, 

Thanks to the Community Members who responded. I would like to add some additional troubleshooting steps, since you have already tried a soft reset. I would recommend a master reset of the device. 

***Important***This setting erases all data from your phone, including your Google or other email account settings, system and application data and settings, and downloaded applications. It will not erase current system software and bundled applications stored on an optional installed memory card, such as music or photos. For this reason, please ensure the data on your device is backed up before performing the master reset. 

Below are the steps on how to perform the master reset on the Fascinate.

Select Menu

Select Settings

Select Privacy

Select Factory Data Reset

Please let us know if this corrected the issue for you. Have a great day!

0 Likes
EPIK_AL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not use the desk cradle or desk cradle app.

2 days ago for no apparent reason the orientation switched to landscape and the desk cradle app is the home default.

Autorataion is checked.

Executed the Master Reset.

Still in Desk Cradle Mode?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi EPIK_AL,

I am hopeful that your issue has been resolved since the date of your original post and I apologize for the delayed response! If not, please DM me your wireless number for additional assistance. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
EPIK_AL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still stuck in desk cradle mode and when I answer calls the phone is in speaker mode.

MrWa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having EXACTLY the same problem.... never used the desk cradle BS.  Phone goes to speaker when i make calls.  What happen to the Fascinate??