Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supported Video
ThePiombino

Anyone know exactly what type of video is supported?  I've searched high and low and have yet to find an official list.  I did read somewhere that .mp4 is supported, yet anytime I try to play .mp4 files it says that the video can't be played.  Is it just that the native video player app is no good and I should just install another one, possibly VLC?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Supported Video
ThePiombino

Thanks for the link, Wildman!

So it turns out that the videos play just fine when I play them from the gallery.  I guess the issue was with the app, not the videos.  I'll still probably wind up installing VLC or something similar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Android supported Media Formats brakedown

http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html

0 Likes
curtterp

I moved a couple of MP4 videos over from my Droid X to my Nexus and had no problems playing them.

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

curtterp wrote:

I moved a couple of MP4 videos over from my Droid X to my Nexus and had no problems playing them.

I think the user may have used a incorrect codac or wrong file size, this has been the only time that I ran into a format playback issue with videos..  MP4 should work fine..

0 Likes
ThePiombino

Thanks for the link, Wildman!

So it turns out that the videos play just fine when I play them from the gallery.  I guess the issue was with the app, not the videos.  I'll still probably wind up installing VLC or something similar.

0 Likes