Swype
zerocool418

I was wondering if anyone knows how to or if its even possible to have two languages for Swype or the Andriod keyboard. I hate having to go to setting every single time to switch over the languages.

thanks you and whats up with Froyo, any updates?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Swype
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

By default, you have both the English and Spanish keyboards.  While certain things like the ~ don't appear, if you type a word like Espana, the ~ will appear over the n.

To swap between the English and Spanish keyboards, get the keyboard on screen and long press the Q button (which also says either EN or ES to indicate whether you're currently using the ENglish or ESpanol keyboard).  A pop-up menu will appear giving you the option to choose between the US English and the Espanol keyboards.  Select the one that you'd like.

Alternatively, you can also go onto the market to download other language keyboards, some of which will allow you to Swype the words.  But most that I've seen don't allow the Swyping of letters.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Swype
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

By default, you have both the English and Spanish keyboards.  While certain things like the ~ don't appear, if you type a word like Espana, the ~ will appear over the n.

To swap between the English and Spanish keyboards, get the keyboard on screen and long press the Q button (which also says either EN or ES to indicate whether you're currently using the ENglish or ESpanol keyboard).  A pop-up menu will appear giving you the option to choose between the US English and the Espanol keyboards.  Select the one that you'd like.

Alternatively, you can also go onto the market to download other language keyboards, some of which will allow you to Swype the words.  But most that I've seen don't allow the Swyping of letters.

0 Likes