Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sync issues with my verizon backup
BigAl2908

For the last couple of days I have been having Issues with sync my Samsung Fascinate phone with myBackup Assistant software. After dealing with level 2 technical support could you believe he told to wait for the samsung update and hopefully that will fix the problem. Wow level 2 telling that he can't fix this issue and to wait for the fix. I was also told by level 2 support that Smasung had specifically told him to tell the customer that he(the consumer) should wait for android 2.2. They don't even know when Android 2.2 is going to ready and Samsung is already preparing to have Gingerbread out. Tech support at verizon is terrible and so is tech support at Samsung. Even spoke with level 3 manager at Samsung and she could not help me. Got to love companies who seel products that are not ready. 

My issues since Samsung Fascinate phone was available at Verizon

- First phone for my wife and I had GPS issues

- Second I received I could hear everyone but no one could hear me.

- Third phone I received Sync issues between mybackup assistant and my phone and being told by level two

that I would have to wait for android 2.2 and hopefully it would fix the problem. 

Car  Dock problem with Samsung Fascinate car dock and phone. When docked you can see it beginning to charge but the plugin speaker portion does not work. After having purchased and doing research on forums it seems the fix will come on android 2.2. Gotta Love Verizon and Samsung.

0 Likes
Re: Sync issues with my verizon backup
moates
Novice

I have provided some information below that may help.

Step 1 – Complete a soft reset
-Power the device off
-Pull the battery on the device
-Place the device back in
-Power the device back on

Step 2 – Program the device
-Dial *228 and press send
-Press option 1 once the automated system requests
-Wait 45 seconds for the programming to complete.

Step 3 – Try resetting the backup assistant application. (clear data and cache)

***This step will not erase your contacts on Backup Assistant

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35853

Step 4 – Complete another soft reset.

Step 5 – Try to re-sync.

0 Likes
Re: Sync issues with my verizon backup
lynsky71

My phone wont backup either however my husbands phone the same thing samsung facinate will.Go figure.

0 Likes