Syncing Google Calendars...isn't syncing all calendars...
RodneyB
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I enter by google account, it only brings up a few of the available calendars.  I have deleted the account and re-set it up and the second time it sync'd different calendars.

What to do?

BTW: much better than my Eris with Android 2.1.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Syncing Google Calendars...isn't syncing all calendars...
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.  I will be happy to look into this issue regarding your calendar.   Do you have more than one Gmail account synced with your phone?   Are the calendars you are trying to sync associated with only one gmail account?

If they are different, you will need to go into the menu-settings-accounts and then add the other Google account you want to use.

Please let me know if this works for you :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

0 Likes
RodneyB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I only have one Google calendar associated with my phone.

The Google account has the calendar linked to my iCal account via CalDav.

I wiped my phone clean and re added my Google account.  I had my Google account open on my web browser.  And I noticed that when I added the account and set up Calendar sync, it would only add the calendars I had active (the ones I had highlighted on the browser account).

I wiped my phone again (to get rid of the Google account) and re added with a different set of calendars highlighted on the web account and it only would sync those highlighted calendars.

So now I have all the calendars I need from my web account on my phone, but now what if I add a calendar via the web that I want associated with my phone?  I don't want to have to wipe my phone to factory settings to add it.

So I guess the question is still how do I add calendars to my phone's Google calendar from my web account after the initial set-up.

0 Likes
heyjude4u

kimberly,

I have samsung fascinate with Verizon service.  After a hard-reset was necessary, nobody can find the calendar that was supposedly synced by a VZW office employee.  It did not go to my gmail account, but rather to MyCalendar.  How do I see this backup and get it back on my cell phone.  All were delted upon reset.  If they really are gone forever, how can I make MyCalendar default to gmail sync, not the never-never-land of MyCalendar/bing?  I finally figured out how to see any of my newly loaded calendars-both mycalendar and gmail, but still not all syncing to gmail.  I only have one gmail account on my cell.  is MyCalendar really a bing account with msn?

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Listed below are instructions to sync your Gmail calendar with your device.

1. From the home screen, select Applications.

2. Select Gmail.

3. Select Menu.

4. Select Accounts.

5. Select Menu.

6. Select Account settings.

7. Select Background data to enable applications to sync, send and receive data at any time.
    Note Enabled when a green check mark is present.

8. Select Auto-sync to enable data to sync automatically.

9. Select an account.

10. Select any of the following Data & synchronization options:
    NoteRepeat steps 9 and 10 as necessary to configure additional accounts.
    • Sync Contacts
    • Sync Gmail
    • Sync Calendar
  11. If necessary, perform a manual synchronization.
    1. Select Menu.

2. Select Sync now

0 Likes
dmctaz228

I had my setting set up as listed and I am not getting all of my calendar to show.  Only yearly birthdays and holidays and any other reoccuring events.  But not my day to day entries.

0 Likes