Takes a DECADE to have my emails deleted and loaded on my Fascinate!!
Coalcracker
Enthusiast - Level 3
Does anyone have the same problem that I do about emails; for some reason it takes forever to delete my emails to the point that I check them all off and hit delete, and put my phone in my pocket, and come back to it 15-20 minutes later. Also, when I try to receive emails it's a lost cause unless I set it to retrieve every 5 min and let it do it's thing for an hour; however, that eats too much battery! Is there a better way?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Takes a DECADE to have my emails deleted and loaded on my Fascinate!!
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

If you are not using a GMail account, the best way to delete emails is by logging in to your PC and deleting them that way. Then, once deleting from the device, they will not come back. If this is not done, the emails will keep coming back to your device. With GMail, once they are deleted on the device, they are automatically deleted from GMail on your PC. 

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
K-9 mail. Haven't looked back. Have a gmail and msn account, works great.
0 Likes
Coalcracker
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have a gmail account. My verizon account is my daily use email.
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
I delete all my emails from the file server.. so much faster...
0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

If you are not using a GMail account, the best way to delete emails is by logging in to your PC and deleting them that way. Then, once deleting from the device, they will not come back. If this is not done, the emails will keep coming back to your device. With GMail, once they are deleted on the device, they are automatically deleted from GMail on your PC. 

Thank you

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

The Froyo update imrpoves the speed of deleting them all comparted to original Eclair (and other things).  You can go get it or just wait until VZW and Samsung release the official.

0 Likes