Terrible Bluetooth sound quality on SGN since 4.0.4.
SHIVA

I have been having ongoing issues with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus BT sound quality and range, since the over-the-air 4.0.4 firmware update about 3 months ago.

Before the update my phone was basically flawless and now for over 3 months my BT is unusable. 

This issue is being experienced by many VZW SGN users and it is well documented online.  The fault is 100% on VZW.  Samsung takes no claim on this and they have stated that this fault is caused by VZW's own version of the 4.0.4. CMDA firmware. 

My calls and emails to VZW have produced no positive result.

I have been a VZW customer for 13 years and if you don't resolve this issue you'll be lose me as customer.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality on SGN since 4.0.4.
SHIVA

I have had no reply on this yet.  And I am sorry to report that the Bluetooth in call sound quality has not improved at all since Jelly Bean 4.1.  This is very disappointing!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SHIVA!

I want you to be able to use your Bluetooth device with your Nexus! It's a very safe accessory to use, as well as convenient, and I know the importance of it! Let's see what we can figure out here! Please verify the setting, when the Bluetooth is connected, go to Setting - - > Bluetooth- - > Click on the setting symbol shown beside paired Bluetooth and check boxes under profile Phone audio and Media audio. Another troubleshooting step would be to un-pair the device, then re-pair the devices. Please let me know the results. Thanks in advance!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SHIVA

Hi Christina,  Thanks for reaching out. 

I am on Jelly Bean 4.1 now.  Under settings/bluetooth/paired settings, I see profile>phone audio and it is checked.

I just unpaired and re-paired again with no change in performance.  and this is tried on two headsets.

0 Likes
SHIVA

Problem still unresolved!!!!!

It's not with my phone, it's a bug in your update!!!!

0 Likes