Terrible e-mail reliability
Mever

My msn account  is set to update every 5 minutes and it updates when it feels like and it doesn't

feel like it very often. Now I start reading of it here and other forumsand it seems common.

I don't want to try every e-mail app out there and I don't want to manually refresh and watch a pretty

icon twirl in the corner of my screen and still not get them after 3 trys and I am not going to switch everything

to gmail.

This smart phone is real pretty but my blackberry works.  If ya'll don't start piping up they won't fix it.

I'm piping up. My BB is free at this point I paid for this inconvenience.

0 Likes
Re: Terrible e-mail reliability
sparky1934

I have the same problem and it is not just with Hotmail accounts.  This problem needs to be fixed and I have called both Verizon and Samsung technical support and they have no solution.  Verizon said it is a manufacturer issue and Samsung has not addressed it yet.   Totally agree we need to get them motivated to fix it.  I'll bet most users dont even realize there are extended periods when their email is not syncing because no error is indicated.  

0 Likes
Here is a fix for the email issue on the Samsung Fascinate. It works for my wife and me.
RichmondHokie

This is for Hotmail only.  This was the main thing I didn't like about this phone but now I am very happy.  Try it if you use Hotmail.  Delete your existing email account and then do this:

• First, you put in your email address and password, then you hit "manual setup" (not "next"), then choose "Exchange". From there, you'll see the following...
  • Domain\Username: Clear out and put in your full hotmail address
  • Password: if not pre-filled, obviously put in your hotmail password
  • Server: m.hotmail.com
  • Check "Use Secure Connection  (SSL)"
  • Not sure yet on "accept all SSL Certificates " - I've had it unchecked with no issues so far
Set email frequency to Push.  
The only drawback is you can only sync 1 month worth of messages but this is not a problem for me.
0 Likes
Re: Here is a fix for the email issue on the Samsung Fascinate. It works for my wife and me.
Mart

Switched to Droid X love it see ya later

0 Likes
Re: Here is a fix for the email issue on the Samsung Fascinate. It works for my wife and me.
sparky1934

I may have to get rid of this Fascinate as well...so far not fasinated at all particularly with the email problem.  I installed Maildroid couple of days ago and it seems to be working.  The provided email app will not receive email but the Maildroid software does.  It is still in a Beta version but so far I am happy with it.  Not getting the email problem resolved quickly shows lack of support from Verizon or Samsung.  I have discussed the reliability issue with both technical teams and no resolution is known or even in sight as far as I can tell.  This posting will fall on deaf ears as in the past....

0 Likes
MeadowSage

Completely agree.

I get email on my home laptop justfine, but it shows up on my Fascinate 4-5 HOURS later! Notifications don't show up, no ring or alert at all.

Just unacceptable.

Then I tried to load the Good for Enterprise app and the Verizon Customer SErvice person I spoke with said it was fine, no problem, no extra charge. (My company offers this app to receive corporate email).

Come to find out, according to an e-mail from Verizon today, that

"The Android operating system is not compatible with it.

Had it worked with the feature you are interested in, you would need to have a specialized plan and, usually, your company would buy client access license for each user that needs it.

Corporate exchange email is what the Android supports, natively thru Gmail application. If you need more applications/features, feel free to search the marketplace on your device for exchange email." (this is from the email they sent me back.

Sigh...

all i wanted was a phone that allowed me get my home e-mail and my corporate email on the same device.

I chose wrong...BlackBerry is what think I should have bought.

Any ideas for an app that might fix the e-mail problems for me?  tks.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Yeah, Good for Enterprise is similar to BES for blackberries allowing centralized management.  If your company uses Exchange and has ActiveSync enabled, push email should work in the native email app on the regular 29.99 data plan.  If you have to wait hours, then something isn't configured properly on your end or the exchange server.  You can also try Touchdown which has a free trial available in the market.  It's well worth the money if you want top notch corporate email support.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

We apologize about the problems that you are having  with your device and emails.  We are currently investigating problems with the device and hope to resolve any issues with the device and services.

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
Are any of you using a task killer with an auto kill enabled? If so add the mail client app to the ignore list. I have also found that launcher pro is far superior to the factory twlauncher app. I get all my gmail and yahoo email within one minuet of it being sent every time, all the time!
0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes