Re: Terrible reception and service with Note3
budone
Legend

Sigh.... The reps will never understand how annoying it is to hear over and over , we are here to help, only to respond to them and never hear a word again. Once the words KitKat update are used, we are left to fend for ourselves

Sent from my iPad

budone
Legend

I am sorry for being so cynical......especially being CL, however I have answered the questions asked by the reps, (a DM was not requested) and have not heard a thing.

Over and over since KK was released I see so many Note 3 owners and some S4 owners stating the same issues again and again, with the same responses and then zero follow up, once the responses are given.

Right now, I am home, next to the window with 4 bars and a signal strength of -91dBm, more than enough to carry on a conversation and I guarantee my phone will never ring and I will have VM's show up later.

it is not sad, it is pathetic.

Again, sorry, but I had to voice my opinion

BrianM_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also done the Safe Mode test and it has made no difference.  The issue started immediately after applying the 4.4.2 Kitkat OS upgrade that was pushed to my phone.  Before that, I loved my phone.  I could go a full 36 hours between charges.  Almost always had 4+ bars around my home.  Right after doing the update I cannot keep my phone charged for more than 8 hours before going completely dead.  My bars at home now never go above 2 bars maximium.  I can even go outside and see maybe 2-3 bars maximum.  Even then, the phone may show I am in 4GLTE areas and I still cannot receive calls.  The calls will go directly to my voicemail and never ring on my phone. 

I am guessing that the constant attempt to connect to network is what is causing my battery to be dead.  My phone status is usually showing as No Connection or Unable to Connect on the Notifications pulldown screen even with 2 or more bars of service.  As stated, none of this happened before the Kitkat OS update I received on May 20th, 2014.  It has been occurring every since then.  Unfortunately, I have to keep this phone because I use Google Authenticator for some of my finances and I am now tied to this phone and cannot just replace it as I need it to access some secure websites that require 2 factor authentication.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Brian, turn off location services. That will help your battery. GPS after

the update can not lock, so it is constantly trying and draining the battery

0 Likes