Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tether Fascinate to Netbook
grannytwiceover

If you are trying to use your phone as a modem for your netbook, here's how I got it to work.  Make sure you have the right drivers.  After 2 days of searching, I finally got them.  From the Google search, type in 'Samsung fascinate drivers'. Click on the link about the Verizon Samsung Fascinate UBS drivers and follow the instructions for downloading.  Then from Google search for

{edit for TOS violation}

Once all this is done, you'll be able to connect your phone to the netbook and use it as a modem instead of the hotspot, wifi or the Verizon server.

0 Likes
Re: Tether Fascinate to Netbook
brad0286

I also found a good tether app called {edit for TOS violation}.  It worked better than

{edit for TOS violation}

for me.  One other thing though is you have to enable usb debugging when tethering or it wont work.

0 Likes
Re: Tether Fascinate to Netbook
dimap
Novice

There is a feature called "Dialup Networking" under Settings>Wireless Networks at the bottom of the list below Mobile Networks (I think) that supposedly puts the phone in a tethering mode. A USB driver on the PC it's connected to would be necessary to make this work and Verizon obviously doesn't have this driver in their VZW Manager software. Has anyone gotten this to work by any chance?

0 Likes