Text Message / SMS Backup
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

I searched this forum to find a way to back up my text messages, SMS messages. I found an app called SMS Backup & Restore. I haven't downloaded it because the reviews are in the middle of the road. Does anyone have any suggestions for backing up SMS messages to the SD card? Once on the SD card they can be copied or transferred to my computer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Message / SMS Backup
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have used that app for close to a year with no problems. The generated files are in xml format which can be read by various programs. There are also sms backup Apps that send the text messages to an email address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have used that app for close to a year with no problems. The generated files are in xml format which can be read by various programs. There are also sms backup Apps that send the text messages to an email address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tjg5181

I agree, I have used the SMS Backup & Restore free version for a while.  I don't always listen to some of the reviews where as some people expect too much.  But in my opinion the program runs without flaw.  It backs up the SMS  to an xml file on your sd card.  You should then be able to transfer that file to your computer (which i haven't done yet, nor had the need to) to be able to open them up.  When you want to restore the messages back to your phone, you simply choose the xml file and back they go.  Simple to use and easy enough for even the most novice of smartphone users

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you all for your help!

0 Likes