Text Message not received
Susanlgraham

Some of my individual contacts are periodically not receiving my text messages, seems to most often occur when responding, but sometimes even when I initiate a text. I have a very good signal.  Anybody else with this problem? Susan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Message not received
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

Ms_Shonta wrote:

Try deleting the full contact from your contact list, re-add the 10 digit number and name save it to your phone then reply to the text message.

Also, if you have your contacts set up on your google account, you may have better success changing them there. I've noticed things get crazy when you add the country code, so..

1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Should simply be changed to:

(xxx) xxx-xxxx

You may also try using a third party messaging app, such as Handcent SMS, to see if you continue to see this happening.

- Andy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RobynStille

I have a similar issue when texting my daughter.  If she initiates a text and I respond, I get the message "###-#### Unable to deliver.  Please re-send with area code." 

Her number is saved with the area code in my contacts and appears that way on the top of the messaging screen.  If I initiate a text from my contacts to her, the same thing happens.  However, if I enter her number from scratch with the area code and send a text, then it seems to work but is not convenient when you want to respond quickly...which is the point right?  Grrrr.

I read a post somewhere about someone having a similar issue with texts from an Alltell phone.  My daughter is running an Alltell phone as well.  Not sure what this deal is but it is very frustrating as this is my main way of communicating with her when she is out and about.  Heaven forbid we use the phone feature...kids!  :smileytongue: 

I am new to the Fascinate and like it for the most part.  I was on a Samsung Intensity and did not have this issue.  It's frustrating though.   The other problem I have is the screen timing out issue that many are commenting on.  It only stays on for seconds and then blacks out unless I unlock immediately.  This, too, is a real pain. 

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Try deleting the full contact from your contact list, re-add the 10 digit number and name save it to your phone then reply to the text message.

0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

Ms_Shonta wrote:

Also, if you have your contacts set up on your google account, you may have better success changing them there. I've noticed things get crazy when you add the country code, so..

1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Should simply be changed to:

(xxx) xxx-xxxx

You may also try using a third party messaging app, such as Handcent SMS, to see if you continue to see this happening.

- Andy

0 Likes
bgm

Using the country code screws up the Fascinate's ability to send a text - no indication on the Fascinate that the message isn't delivered, it just never gets received...  Most of my many contact records were of the form: "+1 (XXX) XXX-XXXX".  While my previous Verizon phone  (windows mobile) had no problem texting to numbers recorded this way, the Fascinate (or Android on CDMA?) chokes.

I once talked to a Verizon support person who replicated this and acknowledged the issue, but never heard back of course...  No updates for this phone since last fall, so I've just learned to deal with it...

0 Likes
cmdrgeist

As noted here, this is a known issue with Android's built in SMS. Download a Third-Party SMS app and use that. Current ETA from Google on the fix for this is unknown.

0 Likes
Susanlgraham

Hi folks, Verizon helped with the following fix.  Simply remove the country code "1" (xxx) xxx-xxxx from your text destination.  All is well now.  thx much Susan

0 Likes
dranger

I am having this issue as well but only with one particular phone number. No matter what I do, that phone number always shows up in my phone with the 1+(area code) and I can't get rid of the 1+. Any ideas??

0 Likes