Text messages constantly failing after kitkat update
zrreed
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never had an issue before kit kat, now I have 3 bars 4G and i will have to send my texts 2 or 3 times before they finally go through .

Re: Text messages constantly failing after kitkat update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get those messages to go through, zrreed! Are you using the native text message application? Does this happen while on WiFi or the Mobile Network?

Have you tried to delete the text message thread and try again?

Share details so that I can help further!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zrreed
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesnt matter what my phone is doing. Wifi, no wifi, global mode, lte-cdma-evdo mode, deleted all my texts, factory reset. i have tried using the native messaging and hangouts. its the service on the phone itself. Right now i am looking at 1x on my phone while my wife on iphone 5c has LTE, father in law has 4G on moto x, mother in law on samsung galaxy with 3G. If i set the phone down it goes into roaming mode while everyone else still has perfect service. Like I said, have tried everything including a factory reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zrreed

Thank you for doing such extensive testing and work on your device already! I would love to review our next available options. Can you please accept my request to follow you? Once you do, you can follow me back and send me a Direct Message.

Here's my profile: http://vz.to/1ly4msR

Here's how to Direct Message: http://vz.to/1lKLT9T

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zrreed
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok i accepted

0 Likes
jonanne

Remove sim, reboot without sim, shut down, replace sim, reboot. Fixed all my Kit Kat connectivity problems. Txt, inability to make calls either WiFi or 4g.

0 Likes