Text messaging service was denied
Ktmcg08
Enthusiast - Level 1

first and foremost is there an android phone where you can block someone and NOT get notified?  right now on my galaxy s9, if i block a number just via my phone i still get alerts if they're calling -- says something like "blocked caller calling" AND there is a folder for blocked messages from that person.  no good.  now, ive blocked that same number via Verizon's site (so they're blocked both from the phone and via Verizon) and I just got a text that said "Text messaging service was denied."  Am I safe to assume this is that blocked person trying to text me?  

If so, are there any androids where NO notifications for anyone who is blocked, no matter if they're blocked via the phone or via Verizon or both, come through?  I am sick of knowing when this person is trying to contact me. doesnt that defeat the purpose of blocking?

any help is appreciated!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Text messaging service was denied
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

figure out what time zone the caller is in. Wait till 1 am caller time and call the number. Do it every half hour until dawn. Ho wait, is it a business?? Then call them and say why.

Google Phone has notification options. Just have to learn how to work them. 

0 Likes
Ktmcg08
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't call them. I get a text messaging saying text messaging service was denied. I want to know if this is the blocked person texting me.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we don't have the means to personalize the call blocking features on your device or the feature we offer. You can change your number online once for free to avoid these text messages or calls. TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

Just use Google Messages

It has a Block and spam list you can edit. My bad I thought your text messages service was not working.

0 Likes
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

Just use Google Messages  and Phone by Google

They work together.

0 Likes
HHhasleftZbldg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had same problem.  Text came from my own wireless number.  Wondering if a blocked party tried texting.

Tnt044
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone received a clear answer about this? IS it a blocked number trying to text or is it spam or do we just now know?

Very weird

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tnt044, we understand the importance of getting an answer. We are here to help. Typically, the message would mean that either the number being texted is blocking your text or it is a number without texting service.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Saltfight

I just got this text and the text is from my own number. There is no evidence to suggest I sent the message to myself. It just popped up out of nowhere

0 Likes