The Fascinate is horrible!
jess26

I have been having problems with my phone ever since the update to froyo. First it was the battery life, they sent me a new phone and battery. Battery is slightly improved now but the main issue now is I'm not receiving calls, it won't ring but all of a sudden I have a voicemail icon appear. And my text messages come in bunches of 4-5 together instead of when they are sent to me. I called Verizon a month ago to see if I could get a new phone, they said I could and I was looking at the iPhone or Thunderbolt, but decided at that time I didn't want to spend another $300 on a phone when I just did that 8 months ago. Now it has gotten to the point where I can't take it anymore and want to upgrade but now they are saying I can't upgrade to an iphone or a 4G phone..When they just offered it to me a month ago? I am nervous to upgrade to another 3g andoid phone just to waste my money like I did with this phone. I am beyond frusterated!!!

0 Likes
Re: The Fascinate is horrible!
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Not horrible, but certainly a major dissappointment, the beautiful display and sleek design have long ago lost their luster. The unrealized potential is really a shame, Samsung is as good at writing software as their representatives are at writing in English. I also get voice mail without phone ever ringing and the GPS went from locking in lees than one minute to locking in 3. I deeply regret changing from ED01 to ED04. Made nothing better and made some things worse.

0 Likes
mytoy

I have the same problem. I get missed calls and my phone never rang. I have it with me in my pocket. This is so frustrating.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

mytoy wrote:

I have the same problem. I get missed calls and my phone never rang. I have it with me in my pocket. This is so frustrating.

Try deactivating your fascinate, activate an older phone, deactivate the old phone, and then reactivate the fascinate and see if that clears up your problem
0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

The Fascinate is actually a pretty good device.  Unfortunately the Froyo update especially the latest ED04 has messed it up. Hopefully sooner or later a new update will help it out.

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its the difference in software vs. hardware.  The Samsung fascinate is a nice device and very good hardware.  The Software of the Froyo update and the ED04 update are what seem to be the issue. 

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. At this time we have brought these concerns to Samsungs Product Management Team. Together we are diligently working on a solution. We will post as soon as we get a resolution.

0 Likes
fun2luv84

Please let us know when the Samsung Fascinates can actually work with the 2011 KIA bluetooth system, I bought my new car and have yet to use this new feature since the phone only allows me one successful phone call before completely disconnecting until car and phone are both rebooted. I do not want to have to wait 2 years for my contract to expire to get to use this feature, especially since my car is a 3 year lease.

0 Likes
smurfette6

My husband and I are both on our 3rd refurbished Fascinate due to the excessive issues we have had: no ring tone-just VM sign popping up, call won't connect, text messages won't go through or be received, battery life has been sucked out of the phone, you name it we have had it.  The worst- we've only had the phones for a little over six months.  We have been to the store, on the phone with customer service and with technical support so many times we've lost count.  Now they want us to "upgrade early" for $200 just to get out of the fascinate, or we can terminate our plan for almost $300!  My family has 4 phones and has been with Verizon/Alltel for 5 years.  Where's the loyalty to their customers?  Where is the actually customer service Verizon raves about?  

0 Likes
orrn2001
I replaced my Droid X with this phone, and it was a terrible mistake! I had some issues with the X, but it was nothing compared to the ones I have been experiencing with the Fascinate. For some strange reason, it loses signal, every night , after I go to bed. When I wake up, it will not do anything (receive e-mails or text messages, make or receive calls, access Internet, etc.) until I re-boot it. Since I replaced my X with this phone, I don't even know what to do. I know that tech support will suggest that they send me a replacement Fascinate. I guess I should have done more research. Lesson learned!! (P.S. The Fascinate was offered as a warranty replacement for my Droid X.)
0 Likes