Re: The Samsung Fascinate is the worst phone I've ever owned
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

JRoget803 wrote:

I am so sick of the "Gotchas" on this phone...and I've been dealing with Verizon "Gotchas" since 2003....this phone is just one after another

what is a "gotchas"??

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Seems sort of like the incredible and the ego.....basically the same phone except that Sprint's is nicer. I figured that was just because the inc was in the works and released earlier. But this is the last of the galaxies so I thought it would be the best. Seems like vzn just gets the step child of the cool lines of devices.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:
Seems sort of like the incredible and the ego.....basically the same phone except that Sprint's is nicer. I figured that was just because the inc was in the works and released earlier. But this is the last of the galaxies so I thought it would be the best. Seems like vzn just gets the step child of the cool lines of devices.

i find that funny....  The people on T-Mobile say the same thing all the time.  AT&T guys say the same thing about their Android devices...  So who's correct?

0 Likes
PacoX
Enthusiast - Level 3
I don't understand the whole bing situation. Can't one just have the browser point to google, make a homescreen shortcut even. Both are going to point you to your browser anyway. The widget is cool but it is cosmetic. Rumor has it google will be back in 2.2 if not it will be in homrscreen apps which most of the people that know why google is better use anyway. On my X I go straight to browser anyway. Google navigator is missed but there is still maps which is better for the phone until the fix the gps problem if possible.

I really don't see how bing bring default is any worse that having to deal with blur or sense. Hardly any droid x user actually use blur but we still have to deal with it in the background using our resources.

Yet to see anyone complain about interface lag or call crashes but seem fixated on bing which is easy to work around.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

i find that funny....  The people on T-Mobile say the same thing all the time.  AT&T guys say the same thing about their Android devices...  So who's correct?

Tidbits, If I decide to buy the Galaxy S on T-mobile I'll let you know my full review on it. Then you can know how good the phone really is. I have my eye on that phone or the G2.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

how do i edit my post? i meant "the incredible and the EVO." i'm not sure what devices at&t and tmobile users would even be refering too? the eris was hands down the worst of the original htc droids. the incredible is inferior to the EVO (although i still LOVE mine). and i believe at&t and tmobile have a better version of the galaxy (although i really don't know if that's the case). i don't really {word filter avoidance} motorola devices since none of the other carriers have anything comparable to the line of "droids."

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

AZSALUKI wrote:

how do i edit my post? i meant "the incredible and the EVO." i'm not sure what devices at&t and tmobile users would even be refering too? the eris was hands down the worst of the original htc droids. the incredible is inferior to the EVO (although i still LOVE mine). and i believe at&t and tmobile have a better version of the galaxy (although i really don't know if that's the case). i don't really like motorola devices since none of the other carriers have anything comparable to the line of "droids."

I can tell you after looking at and playing with AT&T version that the 3G can't be turned off on the Captivate.  The third-party apps are not allowed either without a workaround using a computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

lol just curious as to your use of all these devices amigo?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Sounds like you have a bad phone.  I've had the Fascinate for 2 days now and the calls are crystal clear and probably the best call quality of any phone I've owned.  I came from the droid where you could hear an audible buzz and an echo but the Fascinate is in a league of its own.

The Bing thing doesn't really bother me.  I use the Dolphin HD browser and it defaults to google when entering searches in the address bar instead of Bing like the stock browser.    The next update will allow you to have the google search widget but Bing will still apparently be default for the search button.

There's been a lot of talk about the GPS issues on the Galaxy S line.  After about 400 miles and 8 hrs of using google nav yesterday, I have noticed that it's a little slower to get the initial lock but it worked as it should throughout my entire trip with no drops.  My droid would top 150F on the battery after extended use of navigation and I barely crossed 110F on the Fascinate yesterday so it seems to run cooler which is good.

There are a few minor annoyances:

- No notification LED. Seriously?  I'm using NoLED from the market which displays a little colored dot on the screen that will move around when you receive a notification.

- Downloaded apps are added to the end of the app drawer.  It does give you the option to move app icons where you want them so you could have the first page be all of your frequently used apps but there should still be an option to sort alphabetically also.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

how do i edit my post? i meant "the incredible and the EVO." i'm not sure what devices at&t and tmobile users would even be refering too? the eris was hands down the worst of the original htc droids. the incredible is inferior to the EVO (although i still LOVE mine). and i believe at&t and tmobile have a better version of the galaxy (although i really don't know if that's the case). i don't really {word filter avoidance} motorola devices since none of the other carriers have anything comparable to the line of "droids."

You edit your posts by clicking options on your post located at the top right in blue and then select "edit".  Although you only have a certain amount of time to edit a post. Once the time expires you'll have to report to the moderator of how you want to edit it. Oh yeah the edit thing would go away say if you posted a message logged out and then logged in. Then wanted to edit it, you couldn't do it on your own

0 Likes