Re: The Verizon Run Around
DBJohnston0104

I just talked to my nephew who said that he called and they offered him a Charge yesterday.  Sheesh!

0 Likes
DBJohnston0104

And it just keeps getting better...  I got the tracking info via email which said that something was to be delivered on Friday.  Well they "supposedly" sent me the phone overnight and the battery and door would come on Friday.  So I call customer support to see what was up.  He tells me that the phone is scheduled to be delivered on Friday and the battery and door on Monday.  I lost it! Tech support is "supposed" to call me back, but we'll see how that goes since it worked so well for me last time...

How can is it possible for people to be this bad at their job?  Someone please explain it to me....

David

0 Likes
phylshin

Seriously? I thought the replacement program was over.... I'm going to call in today and get mine replaced.

0 Likes
df78

The way I last left my situation was being told by the cancelation rep that he would look further into the situation and then call me back, that was Tuesday and I still haven't heard back from him.

So I sent an email to my regional Verizon president lastnight and received an email response asking me to call in to to their executive relations office. I called in and they asked for my cell # and then said that someone would be in contact with me hopefully same day but within 24 hours. So I guess I get to wait one more day plus any shipping time in order to get a resolution. There doesn't seem to be any real concern or time sensitivity on Verizon's part, I guess my business isn't that important to them.

If I don't hear back from them within 24 hours I will be taking my business elsewhere.

0 Likes
DBJohnston0104

I was supposed to get a call back today too and so far nothing.  I'm about to call them and see what kind of excuse they drum up this time...

David

0 Likes
df78

Another update. After sending an email to the regional president on Wed and getting a call on Thur to say that they would call me within 24 hours, I get a call today from the presidential customer service team to say that due to their heavy case load that they will try to get to me sometime next week. I explained that I still have an unreliable phone and I have waited way to long already and was told that they were not a one call solution line and perhaps I should go deal with the store for tech support. I asked if the guy had even read my email (in which I stated I won't go back to the store after my experience there) and he confirmed that no he did not read it and was just calling to confirm the receipt of my email..... 

This is completely unacceptable and I am done with Verizon they have just grown to large off of the back of customers like myself and my family to turn around and be so cavalier and dismissive.

0 Likes
tawest64

I so feel (all) your pain.  Because of the runaround, I don't even want to go into a Verizon store, call customer service, etc.  I'm about to just pay full price for a new phone.  I don't have time to mess around with something that Verizon should be bending over backwards to fix and yet they are all running away - in different directions.

On another note KROGER called me on my home phone today to alert me that I did indeed purchase some ground turkey a few months ago and that the turkey has been recalled and to please if I still have it bring it back for a refund.  If Kroger can track and call all their turkey buying customers and make moves to make things right by providing awesome customer service then Kroger needs to teach Verizon a thing or three.  It's really NOT hard to please a unhappy customer.  Really.

0 Likes
mstnwilliams

I feel you. I HATE Verizon. They just shipped my 4th Droid. The phone keeps doing the same thing; freezing, choosing its own widgets, having a mind of its own, shutting off in the middle of calls, resetting itself, powering off out of no where, disconnecting my ear piece, turning off my ear piece, not connection to my ear piece and to add injury to insult now it is stopping my ability to talk. The mute button comes on without me touching it. It doesn't even show that the phone has been muted.

I asked for a completely different phone as this is my 4th phone in a month and the customer service department lied and said that Verizon has a contract with Motorola and that all I can get is another refurbished phone everytime anything happens. I was told that Verizon has a policy that if a customer has to exchange phones this many times in less than 6 months then they are supposed to get a new phone of their choice. That is all I want and I literally am about to drop their service and go somewhere else. I have a phone and so does my daughter. This is some **bleep**. I have been with Verizon almost 10 years and this is the customer service I get. All I want is a completely different phone that actually works.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I feel your pain because i am still having miss call problems as well, but since the ED05 update, they only occur in the morning when i wake up which is a  hell of a lot better than before. All i have to do is wake it up and all as well until the next morning. I get up @ 6:00 am so no one is calling me at that time anyway .After the ed05 update, i woke up one morning and lord behold, there were two voicemails and no miss calls in the call log and i almost lost it, but they only way i calmed down is that they promised me that another update was coming on aug 1(still waiting) but as i previously stated, the miss calls only occur in the morning when i have went almost 8 hours without touching it which is still unacceptable. But my point is you guys are probably going to have to bite the bullet and have verizon continue to send u fascinate replacements until you get one that works because you noticed the number of miss call complaints have decreased  alot on this forum since the update so evidentally , the Ed05 update had to fix at least  the majority of fascinates, maybe 90 percent of them. Yeah i think the two reps was just trying to get me off the phone when they told me another update was coming so i guess i was lied to, But i have looked at other fascinate forums, and a lot of people have posted that ed05 fixed their miss call problems, so i would have them send another fascinate and you might get one that works well with the Edo5 update. I just think that the hardware inside of these fascinates are not identical(might be slightly differnt) which is just enough to caused more problems after the Ed05 update, im just saying

0 Likes
DBJohnston0104
Update: So Friday comes and only one phone arrives. I was supposed to receive two phones. So I called, again, and had them ship the other phone overnight with Saturday delivery. As for the batteries, they did agree to ship me two more batteries overnight to be delivered on Saturday. And that wasn't without having to call back a few time times and make sure that the order was supervisor approved so that it would ship out on time. Otherwise, it would not have made I'm sure.

So the batteries and the phone comes in and the batteries are the extended ones as promised. As for the phone, the ear piece doesn't work. And the phone that came on friday also has an issue with the ear piece, it sounds like the other person it talking through a kazoo.

Long story short, two new "certified refurbished" phones are scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. We'll see what's wrong with them on Tuesday I guess. At this rate, my contract will be up before I get two working devices.

David
0 Likes