The Wifi and Bluetooth on my wife's Note 3 will not turn on.
milodm

The issue started about 2-3 weeks ago when both the wifi and bluetooth connections would come and go and then over the weekend both the wifi and bluetooth just stopped working.  You can go into settings and try turning them on but nothing works, the Wifi doesn't show any available networks or anything..almost like the wifi and bluetooth chip stopped working.  I have tried clearing the data cache, starting it in safe mode, removing the SD card, using the Desktop support program to repair the phone and finally a factory reset and still no wifi or bluetooth.  What else can I try, any suggestions??

0 Likes
Re: The Wifi and Bluetooth on my wife's Note 3 will not turn on.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

milodm,

We want your phone to always stay connected. I use the same features on my phone as well. Let's work together on this. Has there been any recent updates on your phone? Does this occur when connecting to all WiFi or bluetooth connections?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
milodm

JasperM_VZW,

The last update to the phone was whenever VZW pushed the latest OTA out to the Note 3, other than that no updates.

The problems exists when trying to connect to any/all WiFi or bluetooth connections.  When you go to Settings on the Note 3, both WiFi and bluetooth switches show as 'Off" and you can slide the switch to "On" and it stays grayed out and then after a few seconds it switches back to "Off".  If you go into WiFi and try turning it on from there it doesn't even allow the switch to be moved to on; this is consistent with both WiFi and bluetooth.  I have been into the advanced features of the WiFi and the box that allows the switching between mobile data and WiFi (allowing for a stable signal when WiFi is unstable) is unchecked.

I have researched this issue and tried everything I can think of to troubleshoot this on my own but everything I have tried still doesn't fix the issue; as I stated previously, it is almost like the chip that handles the WiFi and bluetooth has gone bad....a side from that, I don't know what else it could be??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

milodm, thank you for sharing those additional details. Let's keep working on this for you. Are any other phones having any issues connecting to this Wi-Fi connection? A recommended step would be to first turn the router fully off for about 1-2 minutes.

1.Unplug the router.
2.Wait 1-2 minutes.
3.Plug the router back in.
4.Attempt to connect to the Internet.

Keep us posted. Thanks in advance.

KristieQ_V
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSuppo
If my response answered your question please click the �Corre Answe button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
milodm

In the house we have a Galaxy S6, S4 and Tab S2 and all are connecting to the WiFi with no issues.

Again, It is something physically wrong with the Note 3 because you can't even turn the WiFi and bluetooth on, the phone won't allow it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
milodm

Does anyone from Verizon Customer Support have any suggestions for me on how to fix my issue??  Is this issue fixable if it is a hardware malfunction or what can I do?

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for attempting to go through those steps. Next, please power off the phone fully, remove the battery and sim card for 1 minute. Then reinsert and restart and attempt to connect again please. Thanks in advance.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

milodm

KristieQ_VZW,

I tried removing battery and sim card, reinserting and restarting and still nothing.

To date I have done the following to try and resolve this issue myself and the WIFI and Bluetooth still do not work

Remove battery, restart and attempted to connect - No WIFI and Bluetooth

Remove SD card, restart and attempted to connect - No WIFI and Bluetooth

Remove Sim Card and Battery, restart and attempted to connect - No WIFI and Bluetooth

Starting the phone in Safe Mode and attempted to connect - No WIFI and Bluetooth

Clearing Data Cache and attempted to connect - No WIFI and Bluetooth

Connecting phone to PC and running the Samsung/Verizon repair program and attempted to connect - No WIFI and Bluetooth

Factory reset of phone and attempted to connect - No WIFI and Bluetooth

I have tried to do everything I can think of and everything suggested on numerous boards/forums I have read to resolve a software issue and nothing has worked which leads me to believe this is a hardware issue.

When I go to the settings screen and scroll down to WIFI and Bluetooth, both sliders are on "OFF".  If I try to move one or both to "ON" it moves to "ON" and sits there grayed out for 5-10 seconds and then moves back to the "OFF" position.  If I press on WIFI or Bluetooth and go into the actual menu of each; in WIFI it doesn't allow me to even attempt to turn WIFI on, the button is grayed out and does nothing, the same thing with Bluetooth.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Milodm, this is quite a bit of troubleshooting that you have performed. I want to take a closer look at this issue to see what we can do. I have went ahead and sent you a Private Message so we can further troubleshoot this issue.

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes