The Worst Devs Ever
Droidbotics

Verizon has to have the worst developers in smartphone history. First the Froyo delay, know I hear the Thunderbolt has been delayed indefinitely hmm! makes you wonder what the heck is up with vzw.

0 Likes
Re: The Worst Devs Ever
Soulchaser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thunderbolt is hardware issues not sofware...the battery cant sustain life when connected to the 4G network due to the high speed of data transfer.

Plus I have no idea what you are talking about. I've had Froyo for a month now.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1
I've had froyo for a month, too. wow, everyone just keeps making things up to blame on verizon. phones not being released is the MANUFACTURER'S FAULT they can't meet the expectations of the user/carrier. too bad this didn't stop apple from releasing an iphone you need to charge at least once throughout the day. among other phones that are just as bad.
0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

You guys leave the impression to some that FROYO is officially out.  Yes it is out and runs pretty good, but for those who don't know it has not been officially released by VZW,not supported,voids your warranty, and requires some "special" ways to get it.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

How can a phone be delayed when Verizon never made an official announcement?  It was said it wouldn't be until March from the beginning but the blog sites have been running rampant on every little thing they can find.  And it appears that they've finally gotten most of the kinks worked out, so it shouldn't be too long until launch.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

PJNC284 wrote:

How can a phone be delayed when Verizon never made an official announcement?  It was said it wouldn't be until March from the beginning but the blog sites have been running rampant on every little thing they can find.  And it appears that they've finally gotten most of the kinks worked out, so it shouldn't be too long until launch.

i agree with ya, but vzw really should have had at least 1 4g phone to release when they turned on thier 4g service.

0 Likes
geolehman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon certainly has much blame in the Froyo debacle.  ..and users with your smug 'I have Froyo' attitude.  Good for you, I like my warranty.  This should be official by now.  Never again will I buy a Verizon Samsung Android phone.  Fascinate and 2.1 is crap.  I need to restart every day or the phone will crash. Not just a restart crash.  No, pull the battery restart twice and be without the phone for 30 minutes type crash.  The Android Market is filled with irrelevant, poorly developed apps.  I mean thousands of marginal applications.  No comparison to Apples more legitimate collection of iOS Apps.  The iPhone looks better every day.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

We like our warranty too.  As long as the phone will power on, it takes a couple clicks and we're back to stock.  Not to mention they certainly don't pay much attention as people have sent them in with custom roms before.  My guess is they just reflash and send to the next warranty repair.

geolehman wrote:

Fascinate and 2.1 is crap.  I need to restart every day or the phone will crash. Not just a restart crash.  No, pull the battery restart twice and be without the phone for 30 minutes type crash.  

Sounds like you either have a hardware problem or wonky apps as that's certainly not normal.

0 Likes
Droidbotics

Explain the commerical they were ruuning if they weren't planning to release it  on the 11th of March?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

They ran the commericial for the OG droid for a few weeks prior to launch iirc. The commercial says "coming soon".  It's all meant to build hype.

0 Likes