This may sound weird, but does anyone know how to get Ice Cream Sandwich Back?
Tony31087

After my phone did an upgrade it started having problems, random reboots, wallpaper stops, games stop, etc... any idea how to get ICS back?

0 Likes
Re: This may sound weird, but does anyone know how to get Ice Cream Sandwich Back?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't officially go back to a previously version of the Operating system on Android devices. Have you tried a factory reset to verify the old code was removed and you're not having application conflicts?

I am having a few glitches with an application myself after the JB update, but I am sure it is related to the application and not JB. This particular application hasn't been updated for over a year so it hasn't been tested for ICS or JB.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: This may sound weird, but does anyone know how to get Ice Cream Sandwich Back?
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

Generally speaking, not by the usual method. Discussing it here is against forum TOS. The problems that you are facing is normally fixed my clearing your cache and doing a hard reset of your device. That is always recommended after a major software change, and if you call tech support they will walk you through that in order to fix your issues. Have you done it?

0 Likes
Cybergoobr
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you go to Google's factory images webpage, there you can find both ICS 4.0.4 and JB  4.1.1 Verizon images to download. If you do a Google search for "google factory phone images galaxy nexus" and you should find the page and links to download.

0 Likes