Re: Thoughts and Opinions on new Gingerbread update
Trevorpaul
After installing the EH03 update, Google Maps Navigation will not work. It just gets stuck at the splash screen but never progresses to open the app.
0 Likes
nene787

I feel like fascinate is as snappy as android 2.1 os with more memory.

Good sammy free more memory ram if u notice it say 379mb over 337 on froyo

0 Likes
tozz88

The update seemed to go fine. Then I tried to use Google Maps/Navigation. It will start the app and GPS locks quickly. But then so does the application!:smileymad: The screen freezes for about 30 seconds and then I get forced close. I tried flushing the application's cache and even uninstall/reinstall but nothing helped.

So closed all applications and turned off my phone. When I came back a half hour later the battery was completely drained! It had been full before.

I'm so glad they took their time working all the bugs out of gingerbread before they released it!

0 Likes
JIMD4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Noticed the 2.3.5 EHO3 GBread updated was available last night. Used the regualar settings...about phone...system updates..menu to start download. Took 8-9 minutes to download. During that time the phone looks normal but you see the little data exchange arrows blinking (if youy eyes are good).

After download, phone reboots and asks if you want to install. During this time you see the little Android man working symbol. Took 4-5 min. to install and then phone restarted. Everything works fine so far. Pages seem a little faster. All my old pages and functions seem to work fine. Have only used it for an hour or so. Fox News and NY Giants web pages no longer expand with two finger sweep but you can set font to various sizes so it is readable.

Will let you all know if there are any problems after a few days.

After about 8+ months of use I have had no problems with the phone and think it is great! Wife has same one and likes it too.

Jim D

0 Likes
dgoller
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trevorpaul wrote:
After installing the EH03 update, Google Maps Navigation will not work. It just gets stuck at the splash screen but never progresses to open the app.

I had the same issue with Navigation after my update.  I made a couple attempts to open it, and it ended up locking up the phone completely.  After I pulled the battery and restarted the phone everything has been fine.  The GPS so far has locked in much quicker.  

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1
Wow! This doesn't feel like the same phone after the update. The browser is faster, scrolling to home pages is smooth, and the stock mail app looks better.

You do have to resign up for some of the apps and I did have to reload SwiftKey buy this is a small thing for how this thing works now.
0 Likes
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received my OTA update to Gingerbread also.

Initial thoughts it seems better.

I still need to confirm battery life, missed text messages, missed phone calls, music player auto closing after 1 hour, and at least the phantom button presses have been fixed.

I have 1 issue so far with Bluetooth sending files to my laptop. I no longer see a way to remove a Bluetooth device from the phone. I can remove it from the laptop. I repair the 2 devices, but can never share pictures over the Bluetooth connection anymore.

My plan is to do a factory reset This weekend then post a new topic if it is still an issue.

First day's use showed improved battery life. We will see how today goes.

I have not tried GPS and Google maps yet so it looks like I will need to test that before I do the factory reset also. This way I can try again after the factory reset.

0 Likes
Trevorpaul

dgoller wrote:

Trevorpaul wrote:

I had the same issue with Navigation after my update.  I made a couple attempts to open it, and it ended up locking up the phone completely.  After I pulled the battery and restarted the phone everything has been fine.  The GPS so far has locked in much quicker.  

I turned the phone off and pulled the battery.  After powering the phone back on, Google Maps Navigation worked.  However, I never got a GPS lock during my 15-minute drive to work this morning.  Clear, sunny day so I am not sure what is going on with that, especially since others are reporting speedier GPS locking after GB update.  The phone does seem to lag less now.

I pulled the battery again and will see if I can get a GPS lock later today.

0 Likes
Trevorpaul

0 Likes
pastelball
Its good. Don't like the pop up you get going to the app page from ghe home page
0 Likes