To be fair laying the blame ...Verizon/Samsung
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Samsung should be accountable also.

I got my Nexus the first of the year, immediately while leaving Best Buy, the system started updating.  The number pad where you can select options/enter acct #'s didn't work properly. I couldn't access my bank account, voice mail, etc.  Verizon tried to help by changing my pass code for the voice mail..nothing worked.  A week later, Droid Forums had posted to turn off the speaker phone, enter the #'s and turn it back on...that was a fix.  Best Buy did every thing they could as they did not want me to have a refurbished phone.

Approx the same time I found the solution, Verizon learned it also ( I don't think the issue involved most phones).  I've always found Verizon helpful.  Samsung's technical supp was contacted multiple times about the issue, I pleaded that they would notify their supervisors of the issue....although they said they would, they didn't.  Frankly I feel the issue is there weren't a large volume of G Nexs sold and Samsung wasn't motivated to help/come up w/ a fix. 

I got my Nexus the first of the year, immediately while leaving Best Buy, the system started updating.  The number pad where you can select options/enter acct #'s didn't work properly. I couldn't access my bank account, voice mail, etc.  Verizon tried to help by changing my pass code for the voice mail..nothing worked.  A week later, Droid Forums had posted to turn off the speaker phone, enter the #'s and turn it back on...that was a fix.  Best Buy did every thing they could as they did not want me to have a refurbished phone.

Approx the same time I found the solution, Verizon learned it also ( I don't think the issue involved most phones).  I've always found Verizon helpful.  Samsung's technical supp was contacted multiple times about the issue, I pleaded that they would notify their supervisors of the issue....although they said they would, they didn't.  Frankly I feel the issue is there weren't a large volume of G Nexs sold and Samsung wasn't motivated to help/come up w/ a fix.

Approx the same time I found the solution, Verizon learned it also ( I don't think the issue involved most phones).  I've always found Verizon helpful.  Samsung's technical supp was contacted multiple times about the issue, I pleaded that they would notify their supervisors of the issue....although they said they would, they didn't.  Frankly I feel the issue is there weren't a large volume of G Nexs sold and Samsung wasn't motivated to help/come up w/ a fix.  With the recent ICS update, that's gone away.

I'm a big lover of Launcher Pro and  I believe Launcher Pro was in conflict w/ the Nexus and ICS.  My phone would shut itself down and reboot periodically....as time moved on, it occurred more often...sometimes twice w/in 30min.....I'd just about rather hang myself than reset my phone to factory....so I put up w/ it.  With the recent ICS update, that's gone away also.

I've always had dropped calls/loss of service even though I live in the heart of a city....that's the major conflict I've had w/ Sprint and Verizon....both verified that I live in a black hole for cell coverage.  I could understand if I lived in the sticks...So from that stand point...I wouldn't have thought bad service is the 4G or Nexus. 

So my issues are dropped calls and bad connections.  Recently my phone gets hot when not charging peroidodically....not sure why.

0 Likes