Touch Screen totally unresponsive
superman2453
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my phone "lock" up either coming back from having the display turned off or also when running various apps like watching a youtube video, or playing a game and the phone touch screen stops responding completely.  The volume and power button still function but when you have locked the phone with the power button bringing it back up dosn't work.  The only soultion is to pull the battery, which i have done 8 times today.  I went in to a vz store and they said it was a know issue and would be a new release soon.  Are there other people out there with similar issues?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Touch Screen totally unresponsive
superman2453
Enthusiast - Level 1

I made three total trips to the verizon store, first time was told known issue and update will come out soon.  Then after having it lockup every time I ran any app for more then a couple minutes, that was not going to work.  I was told need to factory reset, I needed to pull pics off which i did factory reset didn't work went back and got a new phone, which has worked flawlessly since.  So if this is happening to you all the time probably time for a replacement phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
paramnesya
It may be a known issue, but I've not experienced it. I (knock on wood) have not had to perform a single battery-pull. If you don't find anyone else that is having the same problem, I'd ask for an exchange.
0 Likes
stacefromspace

I'm having the same problem.  Worked fine last night, woke up this morning and the touch screen won't work but power & volume buttons do.  After a battery pull, it's fine.  Hoping whatever the fix is gets pushed out soon. 

0 Likes
paramnesya
Were either of your phones ( & stacefromspace) on a charger when the phone was unresponsive? I have had multiple instances with previous phones that the device's touch screen would become unresponsive while plugged up. In those cases, hardware buttons still functioned as normal. However, a battery pull was required because i was unable to confirm the shut down. Occassionally just unpluging the device and turning the screen off and on would fix the problem.

Dunno if this is anywhere near the problems I've had in the past but I figured I'd add my 2¢.
0 Likes
superman2453
Enthusiast - Level 1

I made three total trips to the verizon store, first time was told known issue and update will come out soon.  Then after having it lockup every time I ran any app for more then a couple minutes, that was not going to work.  I was told need to factory reset, I needed to pull pics off which i did factory reset didn't work went back and got a new phone, which has worked flawlessly since.  So if this is happening to you all the time probably time for a replacement phone.

0 Likes
GabePhone

I have this exact same problem. Mine only occurs when I leave my phone locked for a while. When I go to use it again and hit the power/unlock button nothing happens. The screen remains black. I hold down the power button to try to turn it off and nothing happens. I have to pull the battery out and put it back in to use the phone. This doesn't happen all the time, only once every couple days but it is still pretty annoying. It has nothing to do with charging. Just crappy hardware or software (hoping it's software so somebody can fix it). I literally just got my phone the other day, I'm not going to factory reset it since it was just factory new a few days ago. Please look into and fix this bug.

0 Likes
philigan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am able to get my touchscreen to work by applying pressure to the area of the phone behind the power button. This is not good as it would suggest a hardware problem...

wjslb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks... Mine just locked up for the 1st time and couldn't do anything with it.   Just tried the pressure behind the power button and now it's responding.  Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
akhenax

I can also confirm, applying pressure to the area behind the power button (make sure the protective case is not on), fixes this problem.  I would also say that this is a hardware issue, and not software related.  I am going to get a new phone pronto, as this may begin to get worse over time.

0 Likes