Trivia Question: Anyone know what DCIM stands for?
HarleyDrifter
Contributor - Level 1

Just curious, and don't tell me its a file that you store pictures in... Duh!

I went to the 180 page phandroid user manual and did a search for the term but it didn't exist in the PDF.

Maybe something like Digital Camera Internal Memory?

Oh and by the way, am I stuck with this mermaid avatar forever?  Not workin for me...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trivia Question: Anyone know what DCIM stands for?
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3
It likely stands for Digital Camera Image Management although Wiki states that it stands for Digital Camera IMages.

It wouldn't stand for Digital Camera Internal Memory because your DCIM folder is located on your SD card, external memory.

As for your avatar, you can select My Settings, then Avatar, and select the new avatar you would like to use.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3
It likely stands for Digital Camera Image Management although Wiki states that it stands for Digital Camera IMages.

It wouldn't stand for Digital Camera Internal Memory because your DCIM folder is located on your SD card, external memory.

As for your avatar, you can select My Settings, then Avatar, and select the new avatar you would like to use.
0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

It actually is Digital Camera IMages, though I agree just about every other acronym you fired off makes much more sense!

- Andy

0 Likes
HarleyDrifter
Contributor - Level 1

Both those answers sound good enough to me.  Thanks guys.  Didn't realize that it might be an industry term.

Now, to get rid of this mermaid...

0 Likes