Trouble receiving all responses to a group text
JonS_

In the past, I have been able to send/receive group text messages to my wife and 3 kids with no issues. All responses have stayed in the same conversation thread. However, last weekend, my wife upgraded her old Samsung phone (non-smartphone) to a Droid mini. Now, when I send a group text, my 3 kids responses come back just fine, but when my wife responds it shows up in the separate/individual conversation thread with I have with her (NOT the group thread). This is confusing and annoying. I went to a corporate Verizon store earlier today and they said to go on her phone go to Text Messaging>>Settings>>Multimedia (MMS) Messages>>Group Messaging and make sure the box was checked. Moments ago, I verified the box was checked on her phone, so that is obviously not the issue.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Trouble receiving all responses to a group text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out today JonS! I definitely understand how important this process is. When it comes to Android devices such as your wifes, this is normal operation for the type of device. Unfortunately you would receive separate responses and they would not be grouped together. I do apologize for any aggravation that this may cause. Please keep us posted if we can be of any additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
JonS_

MatthewS_VZW-

Thanks for responding. But let me throw you another curveball. My son has a Droid 3 and his replies staying in the original group thread. I appreciate the fact his device is over 2 years old, but why is it that his replies stay in the thread while my wife's does not? That just seems really odd...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JonS, that's a great observation. As new Android devices are released, the software is modified and refined, and certain features are sometimes adjusted. Due to these changes, different makes & models sometimes function slightly differently. I apologize that you are finding this particular change so inconvenient.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes