Trouble with SD card and fascinate
dflan83

ok.. This is really getting on my nerves.. This is my third NEW fascinate.. not used and what is happenening is that the SD card will read fine after the first initial scan when the phone is turned on for about five minutes. Then in red at the top of the screen i see SD card suddenly removed when it has not been touched in the device. I have taken the phone apart and re inserted the sd card to no avail. The best I can figure out is possibly a faulty SD card connection or software issues here. Please help this is a brand new phone

0 Likes
Re: Trouble with SD card and fascinate
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Might be your 3rd phone, but you didn't mention if the SD Card was the same one all of the time?

If it was the same SD Card in all 3 phones then yes the SD Card might be the trouble.

Power down the phone

Remove the SD Card

boot the phone with no SD Card

if the phone boots fine wait for everything to load

while the phone is finishing booting try reading the SD Card in a computer if you have access to one

Backup everything on the card if you can read it

insert the card into the phone and expect it to have issues again

sadly this may not work from the phone but try to format the memory card in the phone

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35222

If you cannot format it in the phone then as a last resort try formatting in a computer.

If you can't get it to take a format then its time to replace the SD Card with a good one. If reading through any of this has made you feel uncomfortable in any way then please visit and store for hands on support.

0 Likes
Re: Trouble with SD card and fascinate
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Might be your 3rd phone, but you didn't mention if the SD Card was the same one all of the time?

If it was the same SD Card in all 3 phones then yes the SD Card might be the trouble.

Power down the phone

Remove the SD Card

boot the phone with no SD Card

if the phone boots fine wait for everything to load

while the phone is finishing booting try reading the SD Card in a computer if you have access to one

Backup everything on the card if you can read it

insert the card into the phone and expect it to have issues again

sadly this may not work from the phone but try to format the memory card in the phone

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35222

If you cannot format it in the phone then as a last resort try formatting in a computer.

If you can't get it to take a format then its time to replace the SD Card with a good one. If reading through any of this has made you feel uncomfortable in any way then please visit and store for hands on support.

0 Likes