Turning off Voice caller ID!
viking1683

I have a Samsung Fascinate and I would like to turn off the Voice Caller ID, so that my phone would just RING!! When I have my phone in its case and in my pocket, many times I can't hear the voice announcement of the caller and would like to turn it off so my phone would just ring! Help! Verizon techs have been no help! Thanks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Turning off Voice caller ID!
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Phrohr, 

There is an additional step to the previous posting that I would like to share with the community regarding the Caller ID Announcement setting. Please perform the following steps to turn off the feature:

Menu, Settings, Voice Input and Output, Text-to-speech settings. Make sure that Driving Mode is unchecked and that "Always use my settings" is checked.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

viking1683 wrote:

I have a Samsung Fascinate and I would like to turn off the Voice Caller ID, so that my phone would just RING!! When I have my phone in its case and in my pocket, many times I can't hear the voice announcement of the caller and would like to turn it off so my phone would just ring! Help! Verizon techs have been no help! Thanks!!

To stop the read out of your incoming calls and set it to ring only please follow the instructions below:

From your home screen: Applications>Voice Commands>Menu>Settings>Prompts>Mode>Tones Only.

You can find the above information on page 107 of your Samsung Fascinate User Manual.

You can find additional helpful information at the above link.

0 Likes
viking21

ANTONIO! YOU ARE THE MAN!!! YOU HAVE SAVED MY SANITY! I HAD BEEN TO TWO VERIZON STORES WHO DID NOT HAVE A CLUE! I THOUGHT I HAD READ THE MANUAL, BUT SURE MISSED THIS. I AM A VIETNAM COMBAT VET WITH A OVER 40% HEARING LOSS AND THAT VOICE THING JUST DIDN'T CUT IT FOR ME. I JUST COULDN'T IMAGINE HAVE THERE COULD BE SO MANY RINGTONES AND NO WAY TO USE THEM! THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN! THIS HAS BEEN AWESOME!!

BRIAN J REISS

0 Likes
Kimbra

I have been trying to figure this out too and I still can't figure it out.  There is no option for prompt.  It allows me to get to the settings option then that's it.  HELP MEEE  LOL  This is insane!  Do you have any other ideas?

0 Likes
viking21

ANTONIO, SORRY TO SAY THE DIRECTIONS DO NOT WORK!!! I STILL HAVE THE DARN VOICE ID WITH NO RING!!! I FOLLOWED THE INFO EXACTLY AND SET IT TO TONE ONLY, BUT NOTHING! STILL VOICE AND NO RING!!  I HATE THIS!!!

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello viking21,

To turn off the voice caller id, you can follow these simple steps below.

Go to Settings > text-to-speech > Speak incoming callerID. 

Simply uncheck thisbox & it will turned off. Keep in mind that these instructions are for the fascinate with firmware version 2.1-update1

Hope this helps...

0 Likes
viking21

I followed these instructions exactly many times over and it still made absolutely no difference, the thing still talks and won't ring!!! It is to the point I am ready to return this thing and find a phone that rings!!! For the price of this phone it should perform a lot better than what it does! This was my first Samsung and probably MY LAST!! I hate this **bleep** voice ID and want a ring only! Now what is so darn difficult about that??? Is this thing defective??? I have been to two Verizon stores and at both places all they could do was scratch their heads! Now I have had two Verizon employees give me directions and neither one has worked!I know for a fact the phoneis set to TONES ONLY but it still is the very same. I think this phone has to be defective and should be replaced!

Brian J Reiss

0 Likes
viking21

Hi! Sorry to hear you are having the same problem. I have been to two Verizon stores and they both just scratched their heads! I have had two Verizon techs send me instructions that I followed to the letter and neither one worked! I am beginning to think it is a bug in their phone and it can't be tuned off! Check back because I am still after them!!

Viking 21

0 Likes
viking21
Great,I have firmware ver.2.2.1 and these instructions are worthless! There is no TEXT TO SPEECH in the Settings on my phone!! So now what do we do? What until they come out with a fix for this bug? I really are starting to hate this phone and it is new, but any phone you can't set up the way you want is nothing but a lemon!
0 Likes
viking21
Well, that is all great, but the firmware has been updated to ver.2.2.1 and none of the instructions show up on this new version! So, now what? The problem is still present and no solution is clear? Please advise what to do now!
0 Likes