Re: USB Connection Not Recognized
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

my phone mounts just like before the update.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Ballerina??? I think it is a mosquito.

0 Likes
pooperscooper

thanks for the avatar help

0 Likes
pooperscooper

If the Verizon software installs the CD-ROM device doesn't show up (or switches very quickly to the mass storage device). If you don't install the software, the CD-ROM device eventually switches over, at least that's what seems to happen, I haven't tried it.

0 Likes
nole62

I was on tech support for 2 hours this morning trying to get it to mount on my Mac desktop.  Nothing doing.  I thought it was somehow something I had done to mess the phone up.  None of them seemed to recognize it as a known issue.  Told them that's why I wanted an iPhone, so I could connect and do what I wanted to do.  Are we really {word filter avoidance}
?????  Wonder how long they will wait to correct this issue?? 

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

go into usb settings, check mass storage, plug into computer, mount the phone via the phone's notification area at the top. the phone will mount.  you shouldn't need the drivers. on ubuntu, there are no drivers for it, so it just mounts right up. in windows, once you have the drivers, it mounts right up.  macs don't get drivers, so if it isn't intelligent enough to figure out how to connect to a fascinate, get a real computer.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

pooperscooper wrote:

If the Verizon software installs the CD-ROM device doesn't show up (or switches very quickly to the mass storage device). If you don't install the software, the CD-ROM device eventually switches over, at least that's what seems to happen, I haven't tried it.

it sounds like you need to install the driver.

0 Likes
pooperscooper

{please keep your posts courteous}

. The new Verizon software is not a driver that lets you mount the phone as a USB mass storage device after the update, it's just some software they want you to install for some new media synching. Once you install the software on your PC the sofware on the phone detects it when USB is connected and does not present itself as a CD-ROM device that contains the new software.  If want to install any random, unnecessary software on your PC, that's your call.  The point is that this bogus little thing that Verizon did is uncalled for, not to mention extremely lame especially in this day and age.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

the driver I speak of is the one available on samsung's website.

0 Likes
cubdukat

If they're trying to point you to their own proprietary software for media sync, what happens to those of us who put music on our phones via Rhapsody? Whenever I choose the "Media Sync" option under the USB menu, it keeps giving me a "Media Sync Error," and Rhapsody acts like the phone's not even there.

I've had to drag music files over to the Fascinate while it's mounted as a mass-storage device, make a couple directories in the Music folder on my SD card for artist and album, respectively, and then drag and drop them into the phone. After that, I end up having to make the playlist from within Music Player.

As much as I love both Verizon and my Fascinate, I have to say that as soon as possible, I will be getting a replacement for it. There is no reason a company that has just sold ten million of these things in the US alone should treat those same customers with such utter contempt and hope to sell many more than that. Guess that $700+ Bionic's looking pretty good...

Nah, who am I kidding? I'm stuck with the Fascinate. I guess the only thing wrong with the Fascinate and the Galaxy S phones in general is that they have Samsung as its parents. That and Bing...

0 Likes