USB Disconnect after Gingerbread
Triton46

When I connected my phone via USB to a computer with Froyo, I could go to the top of the screen and disconnect it.  With Gingerbread, there is no where to do to disconnect (other than the computer).  Is this now part of an app somewhere else on the phone?

0 Likes
Re: USB Disconnect after Gingerbread
Triton46

Anyone?   As soon as I hit OK to attach storage the icon in the upper part of the phone disappears.  I cannot disconnect the USB connection from the phone.

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Well, heres how mine works connecting any of my 3 fascinates to any of my 3 windows 7 laptops

or 2 windows xp laptops.  This is using the latest GB OTA upgrade from verizon.

With phone and laptop turned on, plug USB cable into both.

Wait..wait ...wait    can be anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 minute...give or take.

On phone, a screen will come up with a 'green' robot and at bottom

a button saying 'Conect USB Storage'...  Press that button

A confirmation comes up, with 'ok' or 'cancel' and some verbage.

Press OK.    about 5 to 10 seconds later..phone connects and I can

copy from and to phone or from and to laptop.

Once connected, the robot turns 'orange'.. and screen says 'USB storage in use'.

There is a single 'Stop' button at bottom.  Pressing the stop button disconnects phone

from laptop.  So once I'm done...I press stop

One thing to check on phone....While phone is DISCONNECTED...

Menu..Settings... USB settings.    I keep mine set to 'Mass storage'...try that.

0 Likes
Triton46
Once connected, the robot turns 'orange'.. and screen says 'USB storage in use'.There is a single 'Stop' button at bottom.  Pressing the stop button disconnects phonefrom laptop.  So once I'm done...I press stop

This is the same on mine.  I get the "orange robot" and the "Stop" button.

In Froyo, I could return to that screen from a network icon at the top of the phone (pull down menu).  In Gingerbread, there is no icon after I hit the "Connect USB Button".  There is no where on the phone if I navigate away from the "orange robtot" screen to get back to the "Stop" button.

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

WOW...You'e right.     I guess I never navigated away while moving or copying files.

USB settings now grayed out.   

Nope, I cant find a way to do it either, now that I better understand what you were saying.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

I understand what you mean, once you navigate away from orange robot you can't return to it, however you can still go to your computers "safely remove" icon and click on Samsung Android device and safely remove USB cord, it is the same thing but done from computer instead of phone. I have done it many times without ant problems.

0 Likes