Unable to Play Video Uploads on Windows Media Player
klm427

Updated my Galaxy recently. . . not sure if this has anything to do with that, but I'm unable to play any of my videos on my computer after uploading. Windows Media Player does not recognize the file. Is there some kind of other video player I can download to watch with? This is the error message I'm getting:WindowsMedia.bmp

0 Likes
Re: Unable to Play Video Uploads on Windows Media Player
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

what is the format you are recording in?

make sure the file name has the correct extension.

what os are you in?

it may be as simple as changing a file name or getting a codec

0 Likes
klm427

Hi,

the format i have them in is mpeg, and i'm in XP. none of the files are uploading as "'name'.mpg"

0 Likes
klm427

Hi again,

Just tried to open in QuickTime and got the error message "-2048: the file is not a movie file." Here's the files properties.moviefile.bmp

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

mpeg can be any of several types

.mpg is usually mpeg 1 or mpeg 2

mpeg4 is mp4

i would guess its an mpeg4 file

now sure how to view that with xp

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It looks like the file extensions are hidden. In file explorer, open the folder options and click on the view tab. Then uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oops! I just realized.

The video format on the Nexus is MP4.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
klm427

Okay. Done. Thank you for this. My computer at work always shows the extensions and I hated that my home computer didn't. But all my movie/video files now just say ".mpg"

0 Likes
klm427

So, i'm guessing I can only play the mp4's on 7, and that's why i'm having issues with my desktop computer. I uploaded a video not long ago to another computer operating on 7 and it was fine; no issues. But I don't remember what video player is on that computer. Could be a different player. (don't have access to it now). bummer. I read some older threads on how windows media player 11 won't run mp4's. bummer again. thanks for your help.

0 Likes
klm427

I updated my QuickTime player and I'm able to use that instead of Windows Media. That'll do.

0 Likes