Unable to read SIM card after latest update
ChrisFurman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded the most recent android update on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on 12/10.  Since that update, i've gotten the message "Unable to read the SIM card.  Please restart your phone to read the card" a half-dozen times.  The timing between the messages is sparatic (one time it was a few hours between messages, another time a full day, then 12 hours the third time, etc...).

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Is there a simple fix to this (such as just getting a new SIM card from Verizon)?  I'd like to think that the update wasn't the culprit of this, but I've had my Note 4 since the initial release, and it's only started happening since the last update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to read SIM card after latest update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to improve your device ChrisFurman. I am sorry to learn of the difficulites you are having after your phone update. Have you tried removing the SIM card from the device and reinserting? http://vz.to/1ACoOym Please keep us updated.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
awig354427

I'm having the same "Unable to read the SIM card" issue. My phone is less than two months old, the unable to read SIM card issue started about a week after I purchased the phone. That was followed by a host of erratic, sporadic issues to the phone becomes unusable and the only way to temporarily fix it is to remove the battery for a few seconds.  I've gone through the factory reset with Verizon reps where I purchased the phone from as well as with a Verizon online Chat representative. In a nutshell, I got a ticket to send the phone back to Samsung in Plano, Texas to get the phone fixed, I am going to do that today because this problem is ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to improve your device ChrisFurman. I am sorry to learn of the difficulites you are having after your phone update. Have you tried removing the SIM card from the device and reinserting? http://vz.to/1ACoOym Please keep us updated.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
ChrisFurman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't tried yet to remove the SIM card.  I was hoping to see if there was some sort of pattern as to when the message would pop up (i.e. if a certain app was open, after a lot of heavy usage, etc...)  However, there's been no rhyme or reason as to when it happens.

I just removed the SIM card and reinserted, so I'll keep you posted on whether or not I receive the message again.  Thanks for your help!

0 Likes