Update 2.3.5
dmt872

I am new to the forums and looking for help. Why is my Android OS eating up my battery life on my Samsung Fascinate since updating to 2.3.5 a week ago? What can i do to help get the life back, I have not had any battery problems in the past. Thanks to anyone who can help.

0 Likes
Re: Update 2.3.5
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Most folks running the stock EH03 2.3.5 are reporting good or better battery life since updating.  You may have an app gone bad.  Try a factory reset.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Did you do the update with a fully charged battery?  If not, that could easily cause incorrect battery readings and, therefore, seemingly poor battery life.

Edit: To recalibrate your battery meter, you have to run your phone through a few full cycles.  Full charge, discharge til death, no charges inbetween.  Do this a couple times and you should see somewhat improved battery life.

0 Likes
dmt872

OK, I tried the factory reset and it did seem to be better today. It didn't get normal use though so that is probably a big reason. I don't remember if the battery was fully charged or not when i did the update, so I will run it through some full charge - discharge cycles, it can't hurt.

0 Likes
dmt872

After several charge - discharge cycles I seem to be back on track. As for the Android OS eating up my battery, the factory reset did the trick. It is running as it did before,  <12% instead of the >50% I was seeing when it was acting up.

0 Likes