Update: battery/keyboard
justbeachee

Not happy with this update.  I thought we can choose to update or not as I would have waited.  It seems my battery doesn't last long anymore.  Also I'M NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY THE KEYBOARD IS NOW!  I never used the swype feature so I turned that off.  Doing so, made the keys larger in the horizontal position.  Now with this change the darn keyboard is to SMALL with swype still turned off.  I make to many mistake cuz my fingers are too big!  Is there a way to fix that?  It sucks now.

0 Likes
Re: Update: battery/keyboard
justbeachee

Guess there is no fix to this?  No one has answered.

0 Likes
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

No official fix really, but there are a few topics about 2.3.5 and battery issues.

My suggestion for short battery life is the following...

Have phone on

Plug in AC charger

As soon as phone announces 100% make certain it is unplugged (some have discovered it starts using battery from this point on even if it is plugged into AC still)

Since this patch i have been do the following additional things to improve my battery life...

Unplug the AC

Power off the phone

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the AC

Let the phone charge again to 100% (it can be left on AC this way any amount of time since the OS is off)

Unplug the AC

Boot the phone

Use the phone till the battery indicator goes RED BOX and the phone turns itself off

Turn the phone on

try to let it boot at least till the SD card is media searched

Plug in the AC and let it charge 100% and start at the top of this list

Now when my battery dies my phone wont turn on again and is truely dead. I started off with a 4 hour day of MP3 streaming and most recently had almost 10 hours...

Now if you still dont get a longer life that you expect then it is time to look at everything your phone is doing. There may be an application that does not like 2.3.x, a lot of process time doing emails in the background on network, or other things. This is sometimes harder to track down.

please understand i did factory reset my phone at 2.3.5. I currently have a stock configuration, all vibration is turned off, I stream mp3 to my buletooth headset and control the music player from. My screen is hadly ever on. I get at most 1 phone call a day and 1 text message a day. I basically have a glorified MP3 player.

I personally like SWYPE and can not comment on the keyboard issue you found.

0 Likes
justbeachee

thanks for the suggestions!

0 Likes